Sign in to follow this  
arno

Taxiways over highways... (Pagin Arno, come in please...)

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Good evening everybody,I'm amazed with the results of the Project X Sierra Taxiway for EHAM I just downloaded from the library!I wand to do something like that in LGAV which has a similar bridge, but can't find a proper way. I'm looking for a solution for over 2 years now.Could Arno (or anyone else) enlight me on this. If I'm not mistaken Arno you are one of the authors of this project, right?How can I do something like that?.. Pleeeeassseeee... Heeeeellllppppp!George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Hi George,No, I am not one of the authors, the Project X project is even a sort of "competitor" of our NL2000 team.But I did help the author in making the object with some advice. He used the platform option of GMax to make a sloped platform that you can drive on with your aircraft. The main problem is to keep the slope small enough, else it will crash at the bends.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I see...So instead of lowering the highway and keeping the taxiway level, they raised the taxiway over the highway. Hmmm. Not exactly what I want to do.Thanks for the hint though, and sorry for confusing you with the authors.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Hi George,It is almost impossible to make a nice cut in the mesh terrain. The resolution of the mesh is just not high enough to get a really steep cut for a highway.And it could even be that for EHAM it is realistic. I don't know for this bridge for sure, but on the other place where the taxiway crosses the highway there is a slight bump in the taxiway and you hear that the aircraft have to give extra throttle there.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest Efrain Ruiz

>Hi George,>>No, I am not one of the authors, the Project X project is even>a sort of "competitor" of our NL2000 team.>>But I did help the author in making the object with some>advice. He used the platform option of GMax to make a sloped>platform that you can drive on with your aircraft. The main>problem is to keep the slope small enough, else it will crash>at the bends.Any chance this can be done with NovaSim? That you are aware of?

Nope. The platform code is part of the new RIFF format and at the moment GMax with the Fs2004 gamepack is the only tool to produce that.

Arno