Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimkeir

FREEflow

Hello all!This post is to inform everyone that I have uploaded beta versions of my FREEflow Tutorial - a method to generate water scenery for FS9 using TerraScene2.1 (by Todd Klaus) and Slartibartfast (by Jim Keir) - and my first scenery generated using that method - four complete LOD5 tiles that encompass most of New England. Both can be found here (or the link in my sig): FREEflow scenery and tutorialI'm looking for feedback from you all. I will gladly accept submissions from any contributors to be added to the tutorial that will improve the quality or rapidity of the result. Similarly, if you've got any tips or tricks for me to improve the quality or accuracy of the scenery, please don't hesitate in contacting me.A special "Thanks" to all of you in this forum - I have visited here frequently looking for advice and knowledge to further my efforts to improve the connecticut river valley, and this is the culmination of those efforts.Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Congratulations, Scott, and thank you for the excellent contribution to the community. I am sure that it will be of great help to many and do much for scenery creation.Best regards.Luis

SG,If this upload is anything like your others, it will be a welcome addition to my add-on collection.Do you know of any other Connecticut River Valley improvements, especially those for Vermont?B

Brian Gladden's Vermont Airport collection works very will with this scenery...Thanks for the kind words!Best,sgPS: My scenery is still pretty raw - it will only get better with age! (and payware slarti...)

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest jimkeir

Hi all,It looks like a good tutorial, definitely worth a go. I tend not to work much with scenery for the States - nothing personal, it's just that there's so much there already - so I've not really looked into the US-specific data sources.The tip about splitting different types of water into different files is a good one. Rivers will be best with very different settings than lakes, for example.I'm a bit worried about it not being able to load BMPs other than those created with The Gimp. I've certainly used other programs including Photoshop to make BMP, PNG and TIF input files with no problems. If others have the same problem, could you let me know and if possible email me the image that doesn't work?Thanks,Jim Keir