Sign in to follow this  
Daviddv

Sorry guys - More Ground2K help please

Still have a couple of problems:1. I fill the small areas with Landclass 130 (Rock) and extend this around my test island. When I show this in FS, the bottom half fills to the coast, but the top half overlaps. I attch a pic to show what I mean.2. With my real island, I can't seem to exclude the default island. I have surrounded the island with a 'Poly without shore', and set a LWM of water. Shouldn't the resulting exclude 0_xxx.bgl remove the existing island and cover it with sea?Sorry if these questions seem very elementary.RegardsDavid

Hi David.Your project is still pretty simple, so perhaps you could zip your "*.LWM" file and attach it to a post. No need for the bitmap... just the LWM. Then We can recreate the project and see what's going on.Dick

Hello Dick Yes it should be very simple.Attached is my test island.I'll follow up with the other one.Thanks for your speedy response.David

Hi David,I am just curious: Is there a reason, why you still use the Version 4 of Ground2k?Regards, Edgar

Good question EdgarI am still running FS2K2 and am waiting for FS2K6!!!.I believe the V5s are for FS9 only.RegardsDavid

Hi David.You could use the latest version of Ground2K4, but your version will work for what you are doing.Your scenery has 2 problems.First, extend that landclass further out into the sea. There's no penalty for being generous with landclass.Second, you need to enclose you island poly with a large water poly, elevation -9999.0That water poly will turn everything to water, then your island poly will turn that area back to land.I'm not sure you need any exclusion bgl... I tested this in FS2004, but there is no default land there.Dick

Hi David,I agree with Richard - you definitely need an additional water polygon around the island. I just tested it in FS2k4.Even when you load your landclass file only, you will get some LC textures in the middle of the sea - I cannot explain exactly why.But if you use Jim Keirs LWMViewer to have a look at the default scenery, you recognise some structures at this position (see att.)BTW: About the Ground2K version I am not sure. The compiled bgl is fine for FS2k2 and FS2k4, but I think you can't install G2K4 without FS2k4 - it looks for the FS path and the terrain.cfg file.Regards,Edgar

Hi all,that's an interesting place to pick for a test island. Thanks to Edgar's LWMViewer image we can see that it crosses the boundary between "defined" and "undefined water". The defined water is declared as such by LWM polygons, the light blue squares. In contrast, undefined water (typically the open oceans, shown here as dark blue) have no LWM coverage and are made water by a combination of waterclass and landclass (specifically, the landclass needs to be class 100) and any landclass definition other than 100 will turn that LOD13 tile from water into land. Hence the landclass squares in the upper half of the island.The solution is as others have pointed out: first declare a large area around the island as water via LWM mesh-clinging polygon, then draw the island itself as LWM land polygon with shorelines.Cheers, Holger

Yes that was it.I had mistakenly thought that as my test island was well away from land, I didn't need to do the surrounding LWM Polygon.Thanks for all the help.RegardsDavid