Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larry S

Did the meshmaster go payware permanently???

Holger!?!?!Payware?Sigh!I knew it would happen some day.I hope you will release some smaller packages from time to time yet.

Howdy,don't fear, another big and free package of mine is just around the corner :-cool Funny, no one ever complained that my free stuff was too inexpensive. (-: But tell us, what freeware project are you working on these days? :-bigangel Cheers, Holger

Howdy,thanks for the kind words!While I appreciate the sentiment of purchasing MF as "bait" or "retroactive payware" ;-) the ONLY reason, IMO, why anyone should consider buying any piece of payware is for their own enjoyment. There's a designated forum over at simflight - http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?...d17ece90f0ae40f - which has a sticky thread with links to reviews about Misty Fjords. Along with user feedback in the forum those reviews provide lots of information and opinions to make an informed decision either way.Cheers, Holger

Guest Larry S

For some reason (user error?) the text didn't show in that post, and it won't let me edit.It should have said -Don't give so easy, there's an ongoing/never-ending learning process. I'm sure even Holger got some unwanted surprises in his first few projects.

What are you talking about, Larry? I was BORN with complete knowledge about VTP/LWM and ... what was the name of that other stuff again? :-zhelp Nice "home video" there. And you're right, of course: it's kind of funny to think that someone would be intimidated by our awkward "map tracing" etc. Just today I received an email from another "newbie" who wrote that the very fact that he has to work his brain a bit to learn about landscape/scenery design has made "this hobby enjoyable again".It's great fun being creative and the (FS) world truly is our oyster ;-)Cheers, Holger

Hey Luap,I can't speak for your lack of patience, motivation and time, but if I can learn to make rudimentary scenery modifications, anyone can. Pushing 80 years awfully hard made the learning curve a bit steep but I had a lot of help from this forum and a person who must remain nameless.My patience is rather short but I do have a lot of time, hopefully. Pick a favorite area where roads, streams 'n things aren't where they should be in the default scenery and put 'em where they oughtta be. I began and remain with Ground2K4, at least for the moment. Give it a try. You'll like it and your fellow flight sim folks will appreciate your efforts.Wil

Guest Larry S

I think it's very easy to be intimidated when we look at the work that you real pro's here are doing, and read some of the detailed in depth discussions. But pretty much all of the tools are free, thanks to some very talented people, and there are some very knowledgeable people here that, as Wil said, are waiting to help. Wil really hit on what I was thinking - lack of knowledge is no reason to give up. The knowledge is here in this forum. And the good news for the rest of us is that knowledge is in the right people.