Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

Approach Light System

Guest AlexJ

Hi all,How can i make Approach Light System.I mean..When I Approach to runway i want to see all Lights! but when I takeoff I don't want to see them.. Now I have done normall light effect with fsds2 but it show all direction. Anyone know how to just get it to show one direction?ThanksSorry for my bad english

Guest gorchi

Hi!It can be done with FSDS2 :) The beam can be seen from any angle, so You can just set a part condition to distance, so it will show on a distnace from 0m to let's say 500m. For the light, You can add a condition as follows:Variable ID 0x386 (this is a variable that checks the directon North-South)OPeration: InRangeValue 1: -32767Value 2: 0It might be possible, that You will se the light just in opposite direction, then You should correct this:Value 1: 0Value 2: 32767As FSDS doesn't use effects, You must use LIGHT_NAV as a part name. If You wish to see the light in greater distance, create a polygon of radius 5-7m of appropriate color (especially emmisive color = night color!!) and set additional condition (as to the visibility as above) to be visible from let's say 1500m up to 12000m. This distance effect You can see on picture number 2 in row 1 (approaching rwy15):http://users.volja.net/slo2004/EN_LJPZ.htmHope it helps. Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net