Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hugo

CellGrid overlay showing problem

Guest Hugo

Hello all. I'm working on a scenery to which I want to add few roads using Iain Murray's CoastlineMaker tool (CLM). I used this tool a couple of time before with success. But now, I'm stucked with a problem at the very start of it.I can't succeed to generate a viewable cellgrid overlay using CLM supplied function of R. Ludowise CellGrid tool. I religiously followed the instructions provided within CLM and redid it few times but no luck :-(Here's in brief what I did. 1- Get the coordinates of the area I want to work in.2- Use these values within CML's Cell Calculator to get the X-Y Lod8 cell coordinates.3- Using 192_127_grid.txt as a template, edit the text to insert X-Y coordinates above.4- Save under a renamed new .txt file.5- Drag and drop this file unto BGLC.exe to compile the required scenery grid bgl file.6- Copy this bgl into an active FS9 scenery file - The scenery file I'm presenly working on in this case.7- Drop a copy of LOD8define.bmp in the Texture sub-folder.8- Run FS9 and Taddam! ... no grid to see!!After few tries of the above I decide to run R. Ludowise's own CellGrid2004 prog. with the procedure above.That resulted in an incomplete (incorrect?) grid overlay!! I can only see the red part of grid lines. No bleu lines and no Lod 8 cell co-ordinates showing :-( . See joined images.Any clues on what's going wrong here?Thanks for any support.Hugo

Hi Hugo.Cellgrid for FS2004 has new textures that are different than what was used in FS2002. The textures should be in the downloaded file.Dick

Guest Hugo

Thanks Dick. Found and installed cellgrid2004a.zip. Works ok showing a red only grid overlay with cell id also showing :-) Hugo

Guest Hugo

Hi again. Well so far so good with asphalt (concrete roads). But no luck with dirt ones. Only segments of those show instead of the whole network I implemented :-(But that's not a real concern at this time. I'm trying to make a waterway between an inland lake and the nearby sea. But an image is worth a thousand words so let it do the talking :-)Hugo

Hello,shorelines are VTP lines, like roads. You can exclude them. DefArea or Ground2k would be a good choice. I don't know about Groundmaker.Shores are on level 8. You would exlude all shores in an area, so you might have to redraw some of them.Cheers, Edgar

Guest Hugo

Hi Edgar. Sorry for the delay to reply. I tried to last saterday night but just couldn't get the message to go through.>I don't know about Groundmaker.Well, here I realy err. I meant CoastLineMaker. But prior to my post I had play quite a bit with Ground2k4 and there was a mix in my mind so it became Goundmaker. But I have another good excuse for the mix. I just started quiting smoking and things were a bit fuzzy in my mind :-eekWell, DefArea did great cleaning the remaining shoreslines, nice and easy :-) As you mentionned, there were more deleted than wished (see attached images). I have tried reconstitution with Ground2k4 as mentionned up here but no joy sor far. Not an easy tool to work with IMHO.I've tried CoastLineMaker but it produces shorelines that has the look of FS2K2's one and does not match nicely. I got the version dated 8/26/2003, V 2.2 with upgrade to 2k4 (clm2-2.zip). I think this the latest and in the reedme file Iain Murray writes: 'A forthcoming upgrade to coast-Line-Maker will add some of the new FS2004 features, including additional coastline types, railroads, electricity pylons and VTP bridges.'I'm not aware of a later version.Would you happen to know an other tool to do the same.Thanks for your helpHugo

Guest Hugo

Oups! Something went wrong with the uploaded images. Must be the sequels of smoke quitting ;)So, one more trial

Guest Hugo

Thanks Edgar. I agree that Ground2k could probably fill everything I need for this little project of mine in term of ground handling and will probably look at it closer in a near futur. I also dlded SBuilder and had a quick look at it. Looks interresting. Will give it a closer look during the week end.Thanks for your help.Hugo