Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lucky

Ground 2K probem forest textures light up like a residential

Guest Lucky

Just cant figure this one out.Ive done many projects and never come across my forest textures like 24 Mixed forest or 21 Conif forest light up at night like residential. I check back through many other projects in the sim and all is fine .Its strictly related to this new project ive started.Im stumped on this one.any input would be much appreciated.ThanksAl

Hello Al,this happens, when you mix landclass-textured VTP2 polygons with and without nightlights in one project file (e.g., cities vs. golf courses). Night lights will show up on the golf courses too.It will even happen, when they are in separate files. Better separate these polies in different layers as well.Cheers,Edgar

Guest Lucky

Thanks EdgarJust to make sure I understand here.If this happens, I should have the VTP2 Polys with are e.g, forest as a seperate project than the residential polys. So do the forests in one project and than the residential in another.AL

Guest Lucky

Thanks EdgarIm very clear now. Rather than redoing the whole project, can I save my LWM_poyl text and than delete all the forsted area.compile it and swap the LWM text and delete the residential.Than just rename the second bgl.Just curious. Also if ya dont mind me asking.So far with respect to water, Ive just worked with the default water texture in the area im working on.Im not to clear on this but Id like to draw water polys along my shorelines as I would with Land Polys.Can I do th1s with VTP2 polys with out shorelines.I have many islands in my projects that Id like to put a shallow water texture sorounding the islands in areas.Thanks Al

Guest Lucky

Thanks Edgar. I will look into the water poly situation.Much thanks for all your help.Off to expariment.Al