Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Calculate Values for South America

Guest Chile_21

Hello, I have a Consultation Since

Guest Chile_21

Hola, gracias por responder, mi nombre es Pedro, lo que necesito hacer especificamente es colocar una textura nueva (256x256) que hice en esas coordenadas, pero no se como calcular los valores que van en el archivo .INF, he intentado poner la textura asignando solo las coordenadas de LAT Y LON correspondiente a esa zona pero la textura me aparece rodedada de una textura m

Guest Chile_21

Hello, thank you for answering, my name is Pedro, which I need to do specifically is to place a new texture (256x256) that I did in these coordinates, but not since(as,like) calculated the values that go in the file .INF, I have tried to put the texture assigning only LAT's coordinates AND LON corresponding to this zone but the texture me appears rodedada of a bigger texture of water. NorthLat = 43.099365234375000SouthLat = 43.0554199218751WestLon = -79.086914062500000EastLon = -79.042968751Lat = 43.099365234375000Lon = -79.086914062500000CellXdimensionDeg = 5.722045898E-05CellYdimensionDeg = 4.291534424E-05According to the manual of microsoft me these values appear that not with which tool they can be calculatedNorthwest: U=6889 V=4269Southeast: U=6891 V=4272Being grateful for any help, thanks in advance

Hola Pedro,This is much clearer now, thanks.Are you suffering from the "black band around my photo textures" syndrome?This happens because there have been different versions of the Microsoft Resample program. The first version, for Flight Simulator 2000, would create ground textures from the source image, but any part of that source that did not fit a LOD13 quadrant was eliminated and not made into ground textures.The later versions of Resample do not crop the source image, but add some black filler to it in order to complete the LOD13 quadrant. Ground textures appear to have a black boundary.Is this what is happening to you?If so, it is easy to solve this problem by adding bounding extents to the Destination section of the inf file.Here is the explanation from the "Creating Custom Textures" document in the Terrain SDK:Correcting Images that Contain Black Borders Some of the images may contain a black border. This happens when the image source doesn

Guest Chile_21

Hello,the program is very good, me it has been of great help, but I have another question, since I can calculate CellXdimensionDeg =

Hi Pedro.I may make a new version to calculate those values.For now:CellXdimensionDeg = Span of longitude the image covers / ( width of image in pixels - 1 )CellYdimensionDeg = Span of latitude the image covers / ( height of image in pixels - 1 )For example, if your image covers 0.5 degrees longitude by 0.25 degrees latitude... and your image is 4509 pixels wide by 2501 pixels high, then:CellXdimensionDeg = 0.5 / 4508 = 0.00011091393078970718722271517302573CellYdimensionDeg = 0.25 / 2500 = 0.0001What you are trying to determine is the degree span between the pixels, so resample can stretch or compress the image as needed.Dick