Sign in to follow this  
Guest FLEX_45

GMAX Objects disappearing in FS2004 if no texture is ap...

Guest FLEX_45

Hi folks,Another problem on the way :-)If I try to assign a colour to an object and not a texture, in FS2004 it is invisible when seen from specific angles or when at a distance. If a texture is assigned to it, everything is fine. I found that this is the case only when the render to texture is enabled. If disabled still everything is ok, even if just colours are assigned to the object.Does anyone knows a solution for this problem? I think it's a good way to save frames from simple objects :-)ThanksMarios

When you assign a color do you still use a material for that? Setting the color of the box in GMax is usually not enough, you need to assign a material with the color you want.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest FLEX_45

Hi Arno,I lost you a bit here. :-) What do you mean by material? A texture? All I do, is create the object, go to material editor and change colour. Then I apply the colour to the object. Does it always have to be a texture assigned to the object? To help you understand, I am trying to create a blast fence, so I only need red and white....so I thought that I will save frames using colour instead of texture. Or not? :-)ThanksMarios

Hi Marios,No, that sounds correct. Next to the name of your object there is also a color box in GMax. If you change it there no material is made. But using the material editor should be OK.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest FLEX_45

Hi Arno, I did another test and still doesn't show all times if render to texture is enabled. So I did a small texture (16x32) half white, and half red and assigned the colour through the texture so now everything is ok. :-) It's one of those unexplained computer thing....you know ;-)Many Thanks ArnoMarios

What do you mean with the option render to texture is enabled? I can't remember every setting an option like that.

Arno

Guest FLEX_45

Hi Arno,The render to texture option I am refering to it's the one found in FS2004 -> Settings -> Display -> Hardware. Not in Gmax, if that's what you thought. :-)Marios