Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Tick_18 animation problem

Guest abent

Arno and others,I've read everything in this forum and can get an animated object working in FS with the Tick18_xxxx label providing that the animated object is a single object, but in the pic below you can see I created a grouped object (the part I want to rotate) but it will not animate in FS. Tried beacon2,3,4 etc in maxscript with out keyframe animation of course and get weird effects.The scene does contain another 'static' group. I've tried grouping things in many different ways to no avail. Tried it with fs2002 and 04 sdk's. Any ideas?Thankshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/105554.jpg

Is the selected part a group? I don't think it works on grouped objects, you will have to name the individual objects tick18_ and animate them.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hello Adam,Wasn't there something about having to place more than one instance of the object in order to get the animation to work?Best regards.Luis

Guest abent

Thanks guys...I figured it out. I had to convert one of the objects to an editable mesh, then attach the other objects to it and call the whole thing Tick18_xxx. Then I moved the pivot point to the center, exported and voila...a rotating beacon. Now on to assigning lights!Thanks again,adam