Sign in to follow this  
edgarone

Groan......Ground2K questions again

Guest pks1414

I have attached a zip of the simple file, this has no exclusions at all yet the coastline or the road still do not show. I am at a loss as to why this doesn't work

Hello Paul,could you please send your G2k-project file from the second test project? Your attachment contains only the compiled BGL, which contains indeed only the land-water mask, but no lines.Lines would be in a file called ParisPlage_9.bgl, as I mentioned in my last post.Can you confirm, that you create lines in the G2k project, but neither a ParisPlage_9.bgl nor a Ground2K$_Lines.ASM file in the G2k-programm folder is created?Regards,Edgar

Guest pks1414

Edgar, thats odd, there are no ParisPlage_9.bgl files only Main files and excludes, is that the problem?

Hello Paul,thats sounds indeed like the cause of the problem: lines are in a ***_9.bgl file (for a G2k project). Is a Ground2K$_Lines.ASM file created in the G2k program folder? (Ground2K$_Lines.ASM is the sourcefile, which gets compiled into a ***_9.bgl file)BTW, what is a Main file?Cheers,Edgar

Guest pks1414

Hi Edgar,Yes the Ground2K$_Lines.ASM is there but no ***_9.bgl file, eceytning else is there, see screenshot

Whow, nice screenshot, Paul :)Could you check, if the file date of this file gets updated, when you compile the g2k project. I.e. is it rebuilded?That's a strange problem. G2k4 compiles just some files...As for a test, you could drop the file onto the bglc icon, and see if a "Ground2k4$_lines.bgl" is created? Or even better, open a commandline, go into the g2k folder and type the command: "bglc Ground2k4$_lines.asm" - now you could see, if the bglc compiler prints any errors.BTW: Do you use the most recent TDFMacros (I think December 2003)?Regards,Edgar

Guest pks1414

Edgar,Tried dropping the file into the BGLC, absolutely nothing ceated anywhere. Not really sure what you mean about typing a command? Also what is the most recent TDFMacros?Sorry to sound thickBTW This used to work ok, I have now got the most recent Ground2K version 5.4 is there another version?

Many thanks to Edgar, who has pointed out my mistake in the above post.A few years ago, it was necessary to define all points in a line in Ground2K. But, it seems that this is no longer necessary and lines display correctly with only the beginning and end points defined.So, I was wrong. Please disregard the above explanation concerning definition of lines.And, again, many thanks to Edgar who is much more alert than me!Best regards.Luis

Hi Paul,please check the file dates of the files "tdfmacros.inc" and "TDFHeaders.inc". They should have a file date of 17.12.2003. These files are prepared by Richard "rhumbaflappy" Ludowise and define the macros (commands) used to program the sceneries.You'll find the most recent version (if yours are older) in the avsim library: search for tdfmacros and rhumbaflappy. And then replace your older versions of these files.G2k4: As far as I know, there is no new version."Typing a command" - aka "typing a command at the command line prompt". Its the older, but quite powerful, Ascii interface to the computer. If you never heard of it, search at Google a little bit. Cheers,EdgarPS: Could you attach a zipped version of your Ground2K$_Lines.ASM file?

Guest pks1414

Hi Edgar,I just did a quick swap of the newer version for the older version, guess what, everything worked. Lines/shorelines etc. Bear with me I am going to go back to the newer version now and I will quickly knock up the file again, we're getting thereCheersPaulPS, where u from as I aware it might be late/early

Hi Paul,thats good news! Hope to see a scenery soon in the file library :)Cheers,EdgarBTW: I am from Germany, so it's still daytime.

Guest pks1414

I am still confused as to why the newer version of G2K wouldn't work, I am going to download it again. One thing I did notice with the older version, if I create the Coast and shore using poly with shore and follow the earlier instructions by Luis I get the shoreline appearing all around and inland as well. I used coastline on this versiuon and it seemed to work.All very odd

Hello Paul,now I am confused too: Which version did you swap? The version of G2k4 or the version of the TDF macros? Please explain it a little bit broader!- Can you ensure, that you use the above mentioned version of the TDF macros?- Can you tell which version of G2k4 do you use?- Could you attach a zipped version of the Ground2K$_Lines.ASM, which does not result in a bgl library, when you drop it onto the bglc icon?I think, downloading G2k4 again won't help much. Either the program is corrupt and don't start, or it is ok and works, but the resulting sourcefiles (*.asm) can't be compiled.Regards,Edgar

Guest pks1414

Okay, here goesThe version I have just tried to use is V5.4 of Ground2K, however the TDF Macros in that are still 2002. If I drop the the lines ASM file into the BGLC, nothing at all.I have attached as requested, see what you think. Surely someone must be using the new version and if they are how come it works (perhaps everyone has stuck with the old version)Cheers Edgar,By the way my Daughter is coming over to Germany for a week in March to stay with a friend, somewhere by Cologne, by the Chocolate Factory???:)

Guest pks1414

I've just had a look back over some posts and it seems that other folks have experienced exactly the same problem with versuion 5.4...no lines???