Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimstudios

Theory - Object/Scenery Libraries, Region Locks and Spawning...

Guest flightsimstudios

If what I just read over at AVSIM is correct, if you place an object library into a self contained scenery file then the object becomes locked by the scenery BGL...i.e. the GUID only shows up when that particular BGL is loaded into the computers memory (I just figured that out)...i.e. if the BGL with the MDL and GUID contained is not loaded into the computers memory then the MDL in that BGL will not show up because it's not in the system or FS's memory at that point in time....That makes logical sense correct?Now in theory it would be possible to have stand alone object libraries that load into the computer's memory as long as certain lat/lon parameters are met otherwise those objects do not spawn.... This would help keep FS memory usage down and save some compute cycles and memory space free to render better frame rates and textires...I guess the term I'd use for it is GUID spawning technique... You enter an area and all the guids in that area library get spawned into FS's memory and compute cycles...For now this theory seems very logical to me, and would make sense as to why things have been area locked... Or perhaps it was just to make their design process simple as they created the specialized BGL's...Whichever way, this implementation which has frustrated so many of us for so long, might actually help create area specific autogen libraries....One test of this theory would be to get a GUID for a region locked MDL and add that GUID to default.xml for that particular region... If this theory is correct then you should get that GUID showing up in the autogen when within the spawn zone, but it should not show up outside of it...I think one test to use would be the Lincoln Aviator... I believe it's region locked. If we add the GUID to it into region B's autogen files and then go to seattle or kittyhawk we should in theory see lincoln aviators spawn in the autogen but not spawn when outside of those areas...I've got to go to bed right now and don't have time to test this theory, but I will come back to it tomorrow...If anyone else wants to give it a shot go right ahead, I'd sure appreciate knowing the results....

Guest flightsimstudios

I did it... I took the whitehouse and it spawned in Washington DC (I replaced the AG Hotel with the Whitehouse GUID!!!!)I then went to Africa, and tried the GUID where I had found an elephant I had previously located and replaced the elephant GUID with the whitehouse GUID...The result - NOTHING where the elephant used to be :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DIt WORKED!!!!!!!!All I have to do is create scenery pocket BGL's that will lock down the MDL's to that region!!!Now I need to find out what the largest BGL size is I can make for a local scene...I'll post screenies in about 20 hours or so...