Sign in to follow this  
catflyer

Rookie could use a little help

I am a scenery design rookie and am working on a personal project for my own use - a small seaplane base in FSAddon's Misty Fjords for FS9. I have successfully created a water runway with AFCAD2, placed a few small buildings, a dock and a few other items with FSSC and everything looks pretty good for a beginner :-) The only problem is that my airplane crashes sometimes when it is parked next to the dock. I have tried 3 docks and they all do the same thing. The cause does not seem to be from bumping the dock, since I can taxi my plane right through the dock and it does not crash, but I will be sitting stationary and all of a sudden - "crash !!". It seems to happen frequently when I switch from spot view to cockpit view. Weird...The other thing I need help with is finding an API or XML object of a Marker Buoy, preferable lighted or stobing. I am trying to put "floating" markers out by my runway. I just downloaded rwy12, thinking that I would find one in their library, but after an extensive search over the last few days, I can't find one. I am hoping that I don't have to try and learn Gmax. It looks tough.Any help would be appreciated.Steve:-newbie

Steve Canham

Hi Steve,I guess it is still the crash detection in the docks you used. Some objects have strange behavior in their crash detection. You could try to remove the crash dection code, but then you have no crash dection left at all of course.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Not sure here, really.But landing on a lake and taxiing onto a water "runway" makes a crash.I think.At least it has happened a couple of times, maybe.;-)/Bqt