Sign in to follow this  
arno

ExcBuilder not working?

Guest fcJohn

I have been playing around with scenery design, mostly using RWY12 (which I think is a GREAT program) and have gotten to the point where I wanted to exclude some of the unrealistic looking buildings at my local airport and replace them whith some of the GA hangers- which match very closely what is really there. The problem is i can't get the XML generated by ExcBuilder into a BGL. I tried doing it using the program, and I even did a drag-and-drop on the ExcBuilderV2.exe, to no avail. BGLcomp seems to be working fine in all other cases- just not with ExcBuilder. I have included a copy of the XML code generated for this exclude- it has a suspicious looking "noNameSpace..." that I think might be the problem, but I don't know how to work it out. Any help would be great- Thanks, John B.<?xml version="1.0"?>

Hi John,I just tried to compile this code and the error message you get it rather clear:LongitudeMinimum MUST be less than LongitudeMaximum!The values for the longitude are thus wrong. You should reverse the minimum and the maximum value.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest fcJohn

Arno- Thanks so much for the help, and you got it right on. I went back to figure out what I was doing wrong and discovered that I wasn't oriented North in my airplane as I was slewing around the building to input coordinates, so FSconnect wasn't getting the NW and SE points correct. I remedied the situation and now all works well, I also discovered that it isn't necessary to completly enclose an autogen object within the exclusion rectangle for the object to be completly excluded. What fun!!! Thanks again- John b. :)

Hej FSjohn and Arno!I have the same problem as FSjohn, but don't see any errors in my coordinates. I have made a copy of the xml file here:<?xml version="1.0"?>Can anyone tell me what's wrong? I have both tried with "." and "," in my coordinates.Best regardsviking

Hi Viking,After replacing the comma's with dots (you must always use dots in your XML code), it worked fine for me.PS. I also removed the at the end of xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance', but I think the forum software added this one when you posted your code.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Hi Arno!Tried replacing comma with dots (for don't now how many times now), but it seems not to work for me. Have you any suggestions? Have you tried my *.xml list, and generated it to a *.bgl file?Best regardsViking

Hi Viking,Yes, I tried to compile your XML file and it worked fine here. No errors.

Arno

Hi Arno! If you can compile the xml, then it may be something I need on my computer.I have linked the bglcomp.exe, in the menu in excbuilder, as I have to. I have installed bglcomp.xsd in my excbuilder library.(is it correct?), installed fsconnect.dll in my FS2004modules library. Have I missed something? Do I need anything else installed? I'm really frustrated, I have tried and tried different things, read really many fora, but can't find the answer. I hope you can help me? Best regards Viking

Can you try to compile the XML file with BGLComp from the command prompt? You should be able to see any errors that occur in that case. Maybe you need to install MSXML for example.

Arno

Hi Arno!I have now installed MSXML, and now it generate a *.bgl file. BUTTTT there are still objects like trees, houses and power lines in, on and around my airport.I have tried to run bglcomp.exe from the dos prompt, and it don't come with any errors.Have I missunderstood something? That I'm doing is to make my own airport a place where there not have been one before. I mean, is Excbuilder only to disable objects around an excisting airport in FS2004?I

Hi Viking,I guess what you are seeing is autogen (and VTP lines for the power lines). I must say I am not sure if the XML exclude will also remove autogen, on the default airports MS uses a VTP grass polygon to make sure there is no autogen on the airport.

Arno

Hi Arno!I think I understand the point know. Yes it is autogen objects, which is the problem. I will now try to understand how I make a VTP polygon, so I can exclude the autogen.Thank you for your patience and good advices.CheersViking

With a program like Ground2k or SBuilder you can place new VTP polygons (and also VTP lines, LWM polygons, etc). Personally I prefer the interface of SBuilder, but both programs can do the same.

Arno