Sign in to follow this  
Guest luissa

Coast Line Maker question

Guest jollive

Hello to all: I am newbie with this program. I made some works and everything work fine. Now I am remaking an area of a delta where there are many rivers. I place lines of river coast, polygons of coast and of rivers exclusion (to remove the previous coasts and rivers) and it assigns polygons of water to those "new" rivers and land polygons to those "new" islands. The problem is that: from the column 0 to 5 all work fine but the columns 6 and 7 appear everything less the land polygons. I have left the coast in the means of the water. This work has 382 points of VTP lines (the coast), 71 land and water polygons and 47 polygons of exclusion of rivers and coast. That it can be happening?. Is the work perhaps very big for this program?. Thanks in advance.Jose

Hi Jose,I abandoned Coastline Maker, and use SBuilder instead. I found SBuilder works better in many ways, and has many other features as well.Jon

Guest jollive

Thank Jon for your answer. Do you know, why are the limited function of SBuilder freeware?. that it is what doesn't make this version?. Thanks againJose

Hi Jose,I don't know what the limitations are of the freeware SBuilder version, I didn't run into any problems creating coastlines, water polys, land polys, flattens and excludes. Easy, flexible and fun, albeit with a bit more of a learning curve than coastline maker. But I only needed to do 4 cells.Anyone else know?Jon

Guest luissa

Hi,In the present SB version (2.02) BGL compilation is disable when:a) you import a BGL file (like a default) to your project:( you import a GPS map to your projectI am working on version 2.05 just now. It will take some time (days?weeks?) as I have to update the Help file (still as in version 2.02). On this new version I will certainly abandon restriction a) above and I will keep the need for registration for commercial projects. I am not sure about :( for freeware projects. You can test a working version that works with tilted LWM masks. You can get an EXE here (you should have 2.02 set before getting this EXE):http://www.ptsim.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=299Regards, Luis