Sign in to follow this  
saabpilot

Ground2k4 problem. Can not load map!

Guest Olve

I am pulling my hair here. None of the development tools I download will work. First TerraBuilder which is throwing out targafiles, then SBuilder which wont work at all and now Ground2k4.I start a project and pick a map (24-bit Bitmap), but as soon as I am going to type in NW/SE-coordinates it crashes:Before the program terminates I get a message in French; roughly translated:"Erreur 480 Impossible to create an image in AutoRedraw mode"Ok; what am I doing wrong here?Please help before I am going mad.....

In what format do you got the coordinates?For me it works with "61,5478941125"&"16,25468746" (just an exampel)/Bqt

Guest Olve

Well, the problem is that I don't even get a chance to type in the coordinates.It crashes as I click the NW/SE-coordinates button after giving the location of my map.

Guest Olve

No, I've got VB6FR.DLL....Perhaps I should try installing the whole thing again from scratch. There are so many files out there now; perhaps I did something wrong with all the patches and stuff.Which files exactly are the ones I need to install the latest version?(And do I just copy the files from an eventually patch over the "old" ones? The installation-readme-files are really lacking.)Help appreciated.

Howdy,before you re-install: how big is your source image? G2K4 doesn't like very large images and that error message is a typical indicator for that. You can change your image color depth to 16 bit or even 8 bit to reduce file size (plenty for background images). Alternatively, try setting your desktop color depth to 16-bit while working with G2K4.Good luck!Cheers, Holger

>Which files exactly are the ones I need to install the latest>version?>(And do I just copy the files from an eventually patch over>the "old" ones? The installation-readme-files are really>lacking.)I asked this myself recently, but didn't get a response. But this is what I did on a new machine reinstall (machine in WinXP Pro SP2):First off, I didn't have any problem with support files, but since these are typically shared and already installed for other software, I don't know if any are required.msi installer 4.0.net framework 1.1I think I have all the VB runtimes.msxml 4.0Anyway, I installed the ground2k4 V5.1 full package:ground2k4_v51.zipNote that the path to your ground2k4 install cannot have spaces in the folder names. (i.e., don't use C:Program Files)then, ground2k4 V5.4ground2k4_v549.zipsimply extract ground2k4.exe and overwrite the original one.then, install the current TDFmacros:TDFMacros.zip dated 8/31/2004.extract the two include files TDFHeaders.incTDFMacros.incand overwrite the original ones.then install SCASM:sca296.zipall you need is scasm.exe. Note: it may be that older versions of scasm, in particular ver 2.88 may work, or even be required. I have not gotten an answer to this.I didn't do anything with the resample.exe programs, or bglc.exe program delivered in the ground2k4 package.scott s..

Guest Olve

Thanks for the replies.I'll put this program on hold a bit. I think I've found other tools that can do the job. And works.Holger; the map I loaded was less than 500 pixels wide and high.I thought that could've been the problem; that it was TOO small, so I tried one a bit bigger. Same thing happened.I'll reinstall it one of the next days and see what happens. And then I'll come back to nag you all. ;)

Same problem - almost.I try to load a LWM file (project file) from version 5.4, but version 6 says the bitmap cannot be loaded!In the older version it loads OK.