Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fieldsy

How do you Calculate V and U values for <scenery>.inf files..

Guest bungo71

Hello all,I need to know how to calculate/find the U and V values for the calculations of LOD boundaries in scerery .inf files. That or how to calculate the Lat and Long of the Cell boundaries for any given location.I'm making Photorealistic Scenery for FS2004 for the Greater Townsville Area (North Queensland, Australia), and like most newbies I'm getting water around my scenery where my textures don't quite meet the LOD boundaries.I noticed that the niagara scenery has a [Destination] section with some calculations for where the resample.exe should crop the scenery tiles at the LOD boundaries to help fix this, but I don't know where they plucked the U and V values from that they use in the calculations the top of the file. More importantly I need to know where to get the values for around Townsville from, or how to calculate these values and/or the Lat and Long of the boundaries of the LOD grid inside the extents of my ever increasing scenery source texture bitmap.I've flown around Niagara and used TDFCalc2004 to see if it would give me any clues, but nothing looked similar.I'm using Cellgrid 2004 to visualise the LOD grid in the sim, but the lines are quite thick making them rather imprecise for stitching sceneries together (where I'll need a 1 pixel wide line).----------------------------------------------------------------The niagara.inf file for seasions has the following at the top:......; The ids of the LOD13 quadtree cells inside the corners of the scenery ; area are:; Northwest: U=6889 V=4269 ** Where do these numbers come from? **; Southeast: U=6891 V=4272 ** Where do these numbers come from? **; The lat/lon bounds in degrees of the scenery area are:; North = 90 - 4269 * (90 / 2^13) = 43.099365234375000; South = 90 - (4272+1) * (90 / 2^13) = 43.055419921875000; East = -180 + 6889 * (120 / 2^13) = -79.086914062500000; West = -180 + (6891+1) * (120 / 2^13) = -79.042968750000000; The south and east bounds in the [Destination] section below are moved ; in slightly from the exact bounds of the scenery area to prevent the ; resampler from including extra cells in the output.[Destination] DestDir = "." DestBaseFileName = "NiagaraWithSeasons" BuildSeasons = 1 UseSourceDimensions = 0 NorthLat = 43.099365234375000 SouthLat = 43.0554199218751 WestLon = -79.086914062500000 EastLon = -79.042968751.........----------------------------------------------------------------

Guest bungo71

At a glance, that may just be what I was after.I'll check it out further.ThanksBraedon.

Guest Fieldsy

Keep us posted on how you are doing with this. are you going to relese this when done? have you got any screen shots you would like to post? ThanksFieldsy