Sign in to follow this  
catflyer

New version of Ground2K4 available!

Hi all,just noticed in the library a new version of Ground2K4, ground2k4_v6.zip"GROUND2K4 Version 6.35 (March 2005) This is a new version of Ground2k4, wich has been re-designed to be more Look and Feel and also more flexible for Spercific Large LWM project. Focus on Poly Creation and Update. 70% of the Form have been Modified , a lot of work still remain, but this new version will bring more advantage to Check and maintains your very Large Ground2k project. [...]"Thanks to Christian Fumey and Guillaume O'Neill for continuing to develop and update this great piece of design software!!!Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,Have you tried the new version yet?I had a bit of trouble installing v6.35. It didn't appear anywhere after the first two installation attempts, separately and overwriting v5.4. It finally "took" with another overwrite attempt. However, while perusing the buttons, without pushing any, the program began saving "LOD 13 area" or something like that but never completed the action. I finally ended the program via the Ctrl+Alt+Delete routine and went back to version 5.4. I had backed-up the previous version, fortunately.I wonder if anyone else has had problems with v6.35? Or is it me?Wil

Hi Wil,interesting (and smart move to keep a backup). I haven't tried the new version yet as I'd rather not switch in the middle of a project...Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger.I also have had some problems with the new version... not being able to load LWM files, or their bitmaps, from older versions.Dick

Also gave it a try.Have the earlier version installed to a special directory, but still backed it up.Had problems, although not the same ones.Installed 6.35 to all the default settings.First thing that happened was the shortcut could not find the program. Had to put it in myself.Program then loaded and asked for the General Perameters. It took these, but it asked for them every time I restarted the program. Unusual.I then transfered my lwm's and bmp from the previous version to 6.35.Changed the lwm so that everything pointed to 6.35. It started to load and just sat there.Evenually uninstalled the new version. I suppose the problem could have been that I had two versions on the machine, but as Holger says, I was leary about switching in the middle of a job.Mac

I've had the same problems and have gone back to v5.4.Dan

Howdy Holger,Well, I used to go by the dictum that faint heart never won fair lady. Not anymore. I have a ton of current project files in Ground2K4, and given the others' problems, I thank my lucky stars that I did have a backup. Never again will I try an upgrade with a project in the making. Dodged another one!Wil

Guest odog

same here guys. :-(I got mine installed and running just fine, but when i start a new project I get to the 2nd stage of defining the bitmap and i get a runtime error.says xxx /temp/$$ bitmap not found (ask if you need the actual error message) then crashes...bummer, I was really looking forward to it too.

Hi Holger,I saw the new thread and sent an email to the library requesting that the program be removed. Now I'll dump v. 6.35 from my computer once and for all. It's a real stinker!We live and learn.Wil

Guest JoeW

Me too.... Now I need to find a way to remove the 4 Spybots that it put in my machine.I wish I could get my hands on him.Joe W.

Guest detector

Phew! Poor old detector trying to detect.I did a full Avast scan, then Ad-Aware, then Spybot Search & Destroy, but found only usual stuff from Firefox. I also ran RegscrubXP, and removed a "Ground2k4" entry. Not trusting my programs completly, I also did a manual search with Regedit and found and removed "Ground2k4 v6..." entries. Restarted, re-checked and made a new restore point. Cost me one hour of work and 4 cups of coffee.I whish I could physically Search & Destroy this dude. :-bang :-hang x:-)