Sign in to follow this  
Guest fame

ExcBuilderV3 Announcement

Guest Paavo

Hi all,I've got a small announcement to make. As you all probably know I'm the author of ExcBuilderV2 tool, which was released in December of 2003. I thought about adding some more functionality in January of 2004, but it took me a while to get motivated. I've been programming ExcBuilderV3 for a few days now and I hope to finish it for the end of next week.ExcBuilderV3 is actually a completely new program (rewritten from a scratch) and now you can create VTP, XML and those old-style SCASM exclusions and store them in sets for easier management. ExcBuilderV3 will come with automatic installer, which will install all nessescary components (oh, there were so many errors caused by those optional DLLs that some computers have and some don't).Last, but not least -- I'm so sorry I haven't answered your emails in few weeks, hurricane Gudrun/Rommel struck my home(town) quite hevily and I've been busy getting everything organized.--Some teasers:http://paavo.estscen.net/varia/avsim/excbuilderv3-01.pnghttp://paavo.estscen.net/varia/avsim/excbuilderv3-02.png* And yes, I know very well that Golden Gate Bridge is custom made and should be removed with XML exclusion option "Library objects" ;)

Hi Paavo,excellent news! Looking forward to the updated version!Cheers, Holger

This is great news. One tool that allows you to make all kinds of excludes, I am sure that would remove a lot of confusion :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thank you very much, Paavo. ExcBuilder was already an excellent program and you are to be commended for making it even better. Best regards.Luis

Wow, it looks great Paavo! Thanks for donating so much time for such a useful tool. This scenery designer greatly appreciates it.

Hello Paavo,I haven't ventured into the realm of exclusions yet but have a dirt runway that is crossed by a redrawn river and a road. This will need fixing. So, I'll just wait for your revised program and get my feet wet when it appears. Thanks for your efforts.Wil Husted

Guest fame

Good Morning Paavo:FYI;ExcBuilder v2.0 continues to be among our most sought after utilities. Since we included your utility in the archive, it has never failed to be counted in our monthly top twenty requested programs. You might be surprised to know that a great number of novice, as well as seasoned scenery authors / designers count ExcBuilder v2.0 as one of the essential tools, in their proverbial toolbox.I look forward to ExcBuilder v3.0, and wish you continued success in developing programs and utilities that enhance the scenery development process.All The BestTom G, Sr.

G'day Paavo,I was wondering if any progress on ExcBuilder V3Thanks in anticipationRegards