Sign in to follow this  
Guest abelino

howto - gmax lights

Guest abelino

Hi! (Sorry for my english.)I want to light a tower at night.I made a tall cylinder object (tower), and place near a spotlight (light). The tower has 2 texture, one for day, one for night.The night texture is pure black, because the tower not emit light.A) What I must set for spotlight, if I want to see this effects in FS?(See attachment, red circle.)- OR -:( This effects made only in texture.Thanks!abelino

Guest abent

As far as I know you have to make a _lm texture for the night with the light on it. I'm pretty sure FS will not allow a light (effect) to be shined on anything other than the ground. It should be pretty easy to drop a light effect on your night texture with PSP or Photoshop.Good luck,Adam

Adam is correct, you'll have to make this effect by usign a _LM texture and adding the light in your image editor. Even if you could use a lighting effect from FS, the scenery engine does not allow light to be shined on objects, only on the ground. You'll probably find that you can exercise a great degree of control over the way the lighting looks by using the textures though, as some very pleasing lighting effects can be gained this way.

Hi Abelino,I assume you have place the spotlight object in GMax at a certain location? MakeMDL does not support these lights, so nothing will happen that way.The easiest way to get your tower lit is to make a night version of the texture, where you show the lighting effect in. So you make most parts of it very dark and where it is lit you keep it closer to the day texture.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest abelino

Thanks for all reply.abelino