Sign in to follow this  
Guest brunovinci

Ground2K4 v5.4 Question

Guest mtom

Hi guys.Got a strange little problem with Ground 2k4 v5.4 in FS9 I was hoping you might be able to shed some light on.When it comes to creating a line (road or stream), the interface fails to show a list of line polys. Either the VTP Line/Shore window is empty or the list displays with faint grey text that is unresponsive to mouse clicks. The problem is not specific to any particular project. I first noticed it happening intermittently, but now it's permanent.Any ideas'd be appreciated.Cheers,Matthew.

Hi Matthew,Here's a link to the thread I originated some time ago regarding this strange, progressively self-disabling behavior of Ground2K4 v5.4:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...25148&mode=fullI have not written to Christian Fumey on this, but I understand from replies to the above thread that someone else has, that Christian is aware of the problem, and one can only hope that he will find a way to fix it.As for my recent project created with Ground2K4 v5.4, I now cannot open it in the re-loaded prior version V5.33 and cannot finish my project!I noticed that Christian Fumey posted a reply to the release of a bogus v6.35 "so-called new version of Ground2K4 that was recently placed in the AvSim library by Guillaume O

Hello GaryGB,I've had no problems with Ground2K4 v.5.4 and have been beating it to death drawing zillions of mountain streams and dirt roads east of the mountains. I foolishly installed that bogus v. 6.35 but uninstalled it after the news came out about it. Version 5.4 continues to work with no problems after this exercise. So, I can't help you with the line problem.Wil

Hi Gary,I can't really comment on this - other than sympathize - because I'm still using 5.33 myself. It's that old excuse of mine: don't want to change versions in the middle of a project yet I have ALWAYS several projects on the go ;-)Anyhow, perhaps you could attach the 5.4 LWM file as a zip here and I'll have a peek at what might be coded differently. Obviously, Christian is really the person to talk to and I encourage you to send him an email, perhaps with a link to this thread.Cheers, Holger

Hello Gary,try and save a copy of your LWM-project (just in case) and then open the project file in Notepad.Then replace the start of first line "0000 V5.4 (5.40)"with "0000 V5.0 (5.32 )"Now you might able to reload your project in V5.33.Cheers,Edgar

Guest mtom

Ta Gary.Missed your earlier thread. Sorry about that. Back to an earlier version by the looks of things.Cheers,Matthew.

Guest brunovinci

MatthewI hope you get more productive answers than I did. See again the thread indicated by GaryGB.The bug of the empty or gray texture menu is reported since many weeks on several forums in different languages. Yet, apparently, none of the gurus seem able to come to our rescue. Not even C. Fumey. Saying anything detrimental of a free software is perceived as indelicate, to say the least. I believe nonetheless that a user should enjoy an application rather than to attempt desperately, and for days, to fix it. And that, independently of any money consideration. Bruno