Sign in to follow this  
Guest detector

Mass bridge exclude?

Working on two large-scale water sceneries. The default bridges are a nuisance. I have been systematically going through and making excludes, but then the thought occured to me - what about a patched bgl?1.) Is it possible to patch out the relevant LOD8's from BR9*.bgl using Jim Keir's bgl patching utility? Anyone care to walk me through?2.) Is there a better way to get rid of those bridges en masse that I'm failing to see...Thanks!sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hi Scott,Changing default files is in general not a very good idea (especially when you want to release the scenery later). And for bridges it is rather easy to make an exclude for them.I can't completely remember, but if the bridges are the only objects in that specific VTP layer, you could just make one big exclude for the entire area (can't remember if the powerlines are on the same layer or not).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Airport grass masks are in the same layer, can't to one big exclude. Good idea though. And the first area is 4 LOD5s, the second is 7 LOD5s, so making those bridge excludes is getting tedious...Thanks for the reply though, Arno- much appreciated.Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hi Scott,I see your point. The only solution I can think of is to draw a big exclude polygon in SBuilder and then also load the default BGL files with the grass polygons. You can then include these in your new BGL files as well (so that solves the problem of them being excluded as well).But if this is much faster as your current approach I don't know :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest detector

Bridges...ahh my cup of tea. :-) First I used Ground2k4. Very nice for making excludes just where the bridges are. I think it was layer 7, "Bridges and Polys".Later I found another tip: Edit Terrain.cfg and change TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_OBJECTS from 1 to 0. Removes all autogen bridges, but also power lines. Personally I don`t care loosing the power lines.A third tip (I guess this only removes autogen bridges in Europe): Remove the files BR9EURW0.bgl and BR9EURW1.bgl from SceneryEurwScenery, and BR9EURE0.bgl and BR9EURE1.bgl from SceneryEureScenery. I don`t know which files should be removed from other scenery folders. Maybe LWM Viewer can tell?