Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lurch16th

Using Aerial Photos for Terrain Mesh

Guest Lurch16th

Not sure if i put this in the right forum, but,,I've been attempting to combine several B& W aerial photos of my area to use as the texture to drape over the default mesh. (At least that's what i think i'm doing)I combined multiple Source entries in the inf file to make 1 bgl file.I used PhotoScenery maker and Terrabuilder and even the MSFS 04 SDK tools. The photos have combined well into one large photo texture. The only problem i can't solve is the blue"water" texture around the perimeter of the large photo texture(for lack of better terms)I'm aware that the outer edges of the photo which don't fill a terrain cell leave a black area, possibly an alpha channel, which msfs sees as water.i've tried the NorthLon, NorthLat commands in the Destination, hoping to match the exact coords of the terrain cells, but it doesn't work. Is there a post about this?Also, in my same area, which is mountainous, is there a way, to level out a flat area along the hillside to put a small airstrip in?

Guest Lurch16th

Guess this thread has the plague.

Guest Lurch16th

Hi Dick,problem is 1 photo may only fill 1 LOD cell and the rest is wasted.But i combined 9 photos which covered say 4 or 5 cells, but there will always be outer photos that won't land on the LOD cell boundary.Even if i use 100 photos. I'll check out that link.