Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

Color Arial Photographs.

Guest Richard Hill

I have combined and resized original 2 ft to pixel photographs into about 25x25 minute area. I have tried TerraBuilded with some limited sucess. Is there a progam that with known photo coordinates, trim or cut areas that do not fall within the LOD? Is there a more detailed help file for using Terrabuilder?Richard

That will be a 46x46 km area if I calculate right.Then the solution is to put out 256x256 bitmaps at 0.6 meter/pixel resolution - and the computer will probably get the hiccups and seize :-).In mu humble opinion I do not think that resolution will ever work in FS in such a large area. Or did I misunderstood you - maybe you have resampled them to something else resolution?

I am playing with photoreal usising SBuilder. I take a sceenshot of a Terraserver screen which is 2 meters/pixel. The BMP is next imported into SBuilder as a map. The usual coordinates must be applied. Then I select the area, or areas, that completely fall within a lod13 grid with the Photo button. Compile and the lod 13 section(s) appear properly in FS2004. The problem I have is that the 256bit color limit of the FS2004 texture BGL distorts the colors enough that the image looks much to red. The original was a "redish brown" in some areas. I need to experiment with changing from 16 million colors to 256 in Paint Shop Pro to see if that helps. rather than relying on SBuilder to do everything. The usual terrible slimy ground resolution of FS2004 is, of course, always there. Not sure if it is worth the effort since all of the photoreal stuff I have seen does not have the clarity of the syntetic textures of FS2004 which were specifically created for the program. But it is fun to try.Dick Boley @KLBEA piece of the originalhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/110037.jpgFS2004 area..http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/110038.jpg

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest Richard Hill

I made a slight error, I am working on an area 15 x 15 minute, or about 5063x6310 at 4.75 meter to pixel. My big problem has been to figure out the area within FS9. With the help od Ground2k4 and Photocalc, I am getting close! As I can come within 2 foot of exact position, (5000x5000 pixel 2 ft to pixel), all I need to do is find FS9 defined area, trim the 40000x50000 pixel photo. Richard;richardlhll@wmconnect.comI tried to upload some shots but no sucess.If you send me an email, I will send two of my present files.