Sign in to follow this  
arno

Using Rwy12 to extend a default airport building?

Guest tubularusa

Is there any way to use Runway12 to add or extend a default FS9 airport building to make a terminal bigger, but keep the same exact look and feel? I have a regional airport where I want to extend the main terminal. I've loaded all the libraries for Rwy12, but I don't see any FS9 default airport structures.Maybe the default buildings are not considered library objects and you have to build them from scratch? I have no scenery design expertise so I was hopeing for a simple solution.

Hi,The default terminal buildings are not really library objects. On some airports parts of the terminal are built by MS as library objects (included in the OB*.BGL files), but these are in general custom shaped for a specific airport (a few sections form the entire terminal). So it is not easy to reuse them to extend your terminal.I think an easier way to extend your terminal is either to use the Advanced Buildings (you could place them using SceneGenX for example) or to design a simple terminal yourself in GMax (where you would use the same texture as the default terminal). The last option requires you to know a bit about GMax, so that might be a bit hard.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog