Sign in to follow this  
scott967

AFCAD for Steve Gonwa's KMKE scenery

I am looking for help from someone who has a good understanding of AFCAD. Steve Gonwa has a great KMKE(milwaukee) airport scenery. However, the AFCAD file that comes with it needs some work. The ILS and localizer paths do not line up properly with the runways. Also, the glideslope does not work properly with rwy 01. Rwy 01 and 19 share the same ILS frequency, and in the default scenery, they work great. But in this add on scenery, something is wrong with the glideslope for ILS rwy 01. Can anyone help me with these issues? If so, you can contact me at greg@vmidex.com. I can send you the file if needed, or you can download it from AVSIM and see what I mean. By the way, it is for FS9. Thanks.

Greg Goodavish

Hi. I have spent a lot of time on this scenery. I agree that Steve did a nice job, but I think what he did was take a FS2002 design and try to adapt it to FS9. Like you I started with trying to get the ILS to work. What I have had to do so far, is to remove all his exclude files and create my own using FS9 BGLCOMP XML method. I then disassembled his airport and removed all the runway and taxiway code, and built my own in SceneGenX. I still need to work on the aprons. Eventually, I think all I will keep is his object macros.I downloaded the National Geodetic Survey data for KMKE, and I just could not get his runways to line up properly. So I downloaded the aerial image from terraserver and took a look at that. What I discovered, is that if I corrected the aerial by rotating it from grid north up to true north up (the aerial is in UTM projection) the lat and long positions of the runway ends match well, as do the ILS positions.Unfortunately, I don't think it is ethical to upload my hacked version of his files. I could upload my AFCAD, but unless you edit out the ILS stuff in Steve's file, it won't work right.scott s..