Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul Koopman

ProjectX Moving traffic

Guest Paul Koopman

Hey,This is my first post at the Avsim forum. I'm a scenery developer of ProjectX. Together with my brother we make scenery (freeware) for use with te default FS2004 scenery.At the moment we make moving traffic around Schiphol Airport (EHAM). Yesterday I published a few preview shots and I really want to know what you think about it. All comments and suggestions are welcome.Regards,Paul Koopmanwww.supersim.com/projectx

Hi Paul,well, there's no question that a lot of people will be jumping up and down about finally having moving cars ;-)The screenshots look fantastic though it's hard to judge dynamic effects based on screenshots. I assume the cars all move at the same speed? How is the fluidity of the movements and what happens to them at the end of the road? What is the impact on system resources? Etc.Great project! Definitely looking forward to its release - thanks for sharing!Cheers, Holger

Guest Paul Koopman

>Hi Paul,>>well, there's no question that a lot of people will be jumping>up and down about finally having moving cars ;-)>>The screenshots look fantastic though it's hard to judge>dynamic effects based on screenshots. I assume the cars all>move at the same speed? How is the fluidity of the movements>and what happens to them at the end of the road? What is the>impact on system resources? Etc.>>Great project! Definitely looking forward to its release ->thanks for sharing!>>Cheers, HolgerSorry for this seccond reply...I'm a little experimenting how this forum works. It's quite huge.The cars are based on AI traffic. They drive with the standard speed just as all aircraft do. I think it is 20 kts. Increase this speed will affect your normal aircraft traffic. I don't think you want your traffic to taxi with a speed of 40kts ;)The cars will end under a bridge so you won't see them jumping away. Other traffic will start and end at the parking spots around Schiphol where pessengers can park their cars.Our main goal is to make everything as light as possible to keep your frames high enough.regards,Paul Koopmanwww.supersim.com/projectx

Hi Paul,that's neat, using AFCAD taxiways to direct AI cars.I do similar stuff with AI ships. I guess the primary drawback is that those AI "overlays" show up in the map view and navigational software and, near airfields, may "confuse" Ai aircraft behavior on the ground unless you carefully place the AFCAD reference point locations.Out of curiosity, how many AFCAD overlays are active in your screenshot area? Cheers, Holger

Guest Paul Koopman

At the moment we have 4 AFCAD files for this project. I don't think it's too much. This number will grow ofcourse, but I don't know how many we'll have when it is finished.Paul Koopmanwww.supersim.com/projectx