Sign in to follow this  
saabpilot

Annotator .....

I have tried in vain to get some vegetation on photo tiles with annotator.Everything looks OK and the .agn files seems to copile as it should and is not a zero byte file. Annotator puts the .agn file where it should in by the respective .su texture in the projects /Texture folder.The custom vegetation box is ticked and the vegetation properties are set to Decidious 12.0000000 max 24.0000000.Rel. density = Veg 1 and Overall dens = 100%I have also checked that the FS9 autogen slider is set to max.The number of "vegetation boxes" does not exceed 600 - actually I have only made a dozen for the test.But no trees }( shows up in FS9 on this tile (or any other tile within this scenery).I have missed something - but what ?Bjorn

It's possible that your autogen is being excluded by a nearby addon or similar. I've noticed that a recent airport release I've installed has nuked the autogen from the surrounding 20sqkm area... If you have a nearby addon airport, try disabling it and check if your autogen appears.Visit the Windowlight forum on Avsim... everything you need to know about New Zealand flightsim sceneryhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...forum=203&page=

Guest artmartin

I had the same problem when until I explicitly chose the vegetation types (instead of default). The trees showed up after that. My guess is that somehow, the default vegetation type is never set during install. On my new program, I don't have a selection for default because of that finding.Art Martin

Hi,Thanks for the swift reply.I have deactivated all nerarby scenery, but unfortunately the same problem - no vegetation to be seen on the tile.Since I have yet anothe photo area 50 km away I will make a test there too to ensure it is not just the area I have tested that does not like trees.Best,Bjorn

Hi Art,Thanks for the input.I have in my tests choosen the vegetation in the box as per the encosed attachment jpg.However this did not help - still no trees.Best,Bjorn

Guest artmartin

Do you have, in your display settings, your autogen density setting up high enough? Somehow I doubt that's your problem but you never know. Annotator certainly has worked for me in placing vegetation even if it is a pain in the butt. Art Martin

Autogen slider is at the MAX position and outside of the photo scenery the autogen shows up OK, so I will now look a bit into the generated files to see if there maybe is a setting that causes an exclude within the BGL:s.I have used Photo Scenery Creator for the scenery generation.Bjorn

The problem is now isolated to a nearby airport - 20 km away.This airport is where the scenery is centered on so I mistakenly declared it fault free. :+When this airport is loaded the autogen fails.When unload the airport scenery autogen shows as expected.I have to ask the designer to check for excessive exclude in the BGL file.BestBjorn