Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Excluding my own

Guest bahri

Hi all!I managed to inport my old Airport for windows(afw) file into ScenegenX(sgx).== I removed all sgx-unsupported features, api etc.== I renamed the ext to sgx== I loaded the file in Sgx and produced an xml file it would not compile but after twiddling the xml and importing the xml back in sgx it compiled. -- one problem was with the runways which I removed and another was with the width of taxiways, they were showing all a negative sign (-) before the width size.Anyway I thought this info could be of use to some other guys.Now to my problem:So now I have two bgls one from afw with all the api and such like and another from sgx with all ground polygones, taxiways etc. Problem is I have to use an exclude so as to eliminate the default runways ground polygones and buildings.Now if i use the exclude file from SGX it will not get rid af all defauls scenery, runways and ground polygones still show up.If on the other hand I use an exclude from AFW it will exclude the lot even my SGX taxiways and polygones and just leaves the objects in AFW file, api etc.Any help??I hope I made myself clear enough.Thanks allCarmel Grech

When you set up your SGX exclude, did you check the boxes at the top of the exclude menu, e.g., All Objects, Beacons, etc.?W. Sieffert

Guest bahri

>When you set up your SGX exclude, did you check the boxes at>the top of the exclude menu, e.g., All Objects, Beacons,>etc.?>>W. SieffertHI!Yes I ticked All objects but it seems that exclude using bglcomp does not work on runways and ground polys in fact runways does'nt show up as an option for the exclude rectangle properties.I was thinking someone could help me to produce an exclude xml that works for these objects.I have also noticed that the same options are available on ExcBuilderV2 I have tried this also and it produces the same code as SGX.Thanks for your response

You are correct about it not excluding runways. They are removed under a different section of the XML code. Start SGX, load your airport, select Sections, Airport Data, the airport identifier. This should open a new screen for airport information. Look to the right for Default Scenery Deletions. Check the ones that apply.If you use a SCASM exclude, it will remove these items, but if you want to build upon your file, I recommend using the above over the SCASM method. W. Sieffert

Guest bahri

>You are correct about it not excluding runways. They are>removed under a different section of the XML code. Start SGX,>load your airport, select Sections, Airport Data, the airport>identifier. This should open a new screen for airport>information. Look to the right for Default Scenery Deletions.> Check the ones that apply.>>If you use a SCASM exclude, it will remove these items, but if>you want to build upon your file, I recommend using the above>over the SCASM method.> >W. SieffertHi!Thanks wsieffert for reminding me of the Airport Data section, you made my day.It's a bit odd why SGX has two seperate exclude, I suppose they could have been gathered together in one requester.They are different though as one deals with airport properties only while the other can be placed anywhere as it shows up as a rectange which can be resized.Thanks againCarmel Grech