Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shep

Autogen Creation program has problems in the install.

Guest artmartin

Wow, that's amazing and I was whining about my project having a lot of tiles to edit. I bow humbly at your feet. Obviously much of your photoreal scenery is countryside where the project I'm working on is tile after tile of house rows in a valley nearly the size of Los Angeles. I've also divided up the scenery into areas of the valley and that has cut down the number of tiles in each directory to the hundreds instead of the thousands. The rural areas within my area are pretty much devoid of vegetation other than some occassional scrub brush and cactus and are often mountainous so there's very little need to throw any autogen on them. Art

Does the program display existing autogen elements? I do not see them and suspect that I need the original annotator to see the current element placement if I want to use the new program for changes.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest bones

Photo scenery is good in that above 2500ft the scenery can look incredibly 3D - especially if the sun throws shadows from tall objects and that has been captured in the photograph. At lower levels the coarse pixellation tends to blow the optical illusion apart - and this is where the autogen comes in handy.The photo scenery gives you a real world "map" on which to base the autogen so you are plonking down trees where they really exist. The one problem here is that I have to use very small tree sizes as the default values produce objects well out of scale with the actual scenery. This is one reason why I am not touching the buildings yet - most of the default objects are a good 200% oversize. Here I'll be using Library objects - when I've made them!This work shows how well two entirely separate FS utilities complement each other to give a really excellent effect. boneshttp://fsaviation.nethttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Art,Just a clarification - I am not being critical of the program. Just wanted to know if I was missing something. I mayy take another shot at some low and fuzzy photoreal with your program to give it some covering deatil.Thanks,Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Guest artmartin

Dick, existing elements should show up, at least they better after all the hours I spent making them line up exactly as the Annotator did. My program requires that the .agn file be in the same directory as the .bmp tile for the existing elements to be shown. That's the only thing I can think of that would prevent that unless there's something unique in the .agn file I haven't decoded yet. I never did test one with a custom texture sheet in it but I believe I coded for its existance and saving it back properly. I'm going to get into that next. Art

Art - should I be able to manipulate the existing elements? I get the BMP and select EDIT.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Art,Just went looking for this program - has it left the library? A search for you as the author did yield anything. Nor did "annotator"...strange. I swear it was there yesterday!BEst,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest artmartin

sg, see my post in the General Discussion Forum. Apparently a few user complaints about a missing file in the BETA version of my program caused the library staff to remove it. Amazing that people don't understand the concept of beta.I'm not having a very happy night.Art Martin

Don't worry about them, Art - I appreciate your hard work as do many others. Stick with it, your util will prove very useful to many.It is a sad state that people EXPECT so much from those who are developing these things for FS in their free time, then complain about what they get for free - it really takes a lot of the fun out of it.Rest assured, I've been there, as have many of us here. Often, all it takes to bring it all back to perspective is one heart-felt THANK YOU - so here it is. Scotch helps me too. ;)If it all possible, I'd love to test your next build. My email address is in my sig.Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Scott..... I think I got it before it was pulled. I played with it a bit before the "remodeling" started and I went down for the week. Art..... Thanks for this program. It will certainly make a big difference in compiling Autogen.Joe W.

Good news, Joe - I just emailed you...THX!sg

>the faster it would move from beta to alpha..Or something to that effect! LOL!Best,sg

Guest artmartin

Joe, was there a file missing in the install? That's what the library managers were telling me. I'm scratching my head over that one.Art

Have you considered creatin a .torrent file for it, to save bandwith for you?I have missed out on the download before it was pulled and am spewingRegards