Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tony_A

Need To Split Landclass

As shown, I have a ned for a city texture on the right side of the river. The left side is ok. Is there any way to split the lansclass, or some technique that allows this to be solved?Dick Boley @KLBEhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/110578.jpg

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Howdy,The only solution I know of is to use landclass-textured VTP2 polys developed with G2K4, SBuilder, or similar tools.You have the choice of either keeping the vegetation landclass and adding the city as a VTP2 poly (advantage: accurate boundaries and no auto-switch to forest class 26 on steeper slopes; disadvantage: mismatched autogen due to mirroring bug though the density of roads will suppress most of the autogen buildings anyway) or switching to residential landclass and placing vegetation VTP2 polys in areas where you don't want to see the residential LC.Cheers, Holger P.S.: This is how I remodelled Ketchikan for "Misty Fjords". I used the VTP2 poly method for the residential areas and didn't add all residential roads to keep more autogen buildings. Also, I drew several adjacent VTP2 polys to be able to differentiate business and residential districts.Your PAKT looks different: are you rebuilding the airfield? ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/110582.jpg

Guest Tony_A

I tried the VTP2 poly method to add a bit more residential area around Toowoomba Airport and it all looked quite Ok except for the night views when the airport area ( which was a VTP2 'irrigated grassland' texture VTP2 poly)showed up with the same nightlighting as the surrounding areas. Is there a workaround for this problem which i have seen mentioned elsewhere??? Tony

Holger,Thannks for thetip. Just a note that with SBuilder you can bring PAKT closer to reality with the terminal and hanger areas at the proper levels. The unfortunate result is the need to use ROADS as taxiways. Allows the correct elevation for the road that leads to the ferry terminal. The underlying meas already has the proper slope. Finally, you can add the road that runs between the water and the airport using the existing mesh. Can't use existing mesh for the taxiways leading up to the the runway because they are to bumpy, irregular with kust mesh to "support them". I used the SBuilder LWM3 function to get a nice smooth slope.Photo shows the real airport and FS2004. Needs lots of work yet.Dick Boley @KLBEhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/110620.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/110621.jpg

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi Tony,yep, that problem has been discussed a few times before. The work-around that solves this issue for me is to keep the VTP2 polys of different types (night lights vs no lights) on separate layers AND compile them as different bgl files. In G2K4, I finish a project as one file, then make a copy of the .LWM project file, edit their header information in WordPad to make them independent project files, then open them in G2K4 and delete those items from each file that are supposed to appear in the other. It's a bit of work but helps greatly to remove theses kinds of bugs as well as making the project more modular (i.e., separate roads from shorelines).Cheers, Holger

Guest Tony_A

AHHH!! Thanks for that Holger. Sounds good to me I'll give it a tryout. Sort of a "divide & conquer" approach. I'll have to keep that in mind for future projects. Cheers Tony