Sign in to follow this  
Guest horst18519

Ramp Lighting

Guest horst18519

Yes, I'd say that effects are very efficient.Sorry, that I didn't comment the files.strahler - the lightdots simulating the spotlights above the terminal.lichtkegel - a lightbeam on the ground with a radius of about 50m.lichtkegel_sm - a smaller lightbeam on the ground with a radius of about 25m.Take a look at the other pictures at my FIMP-project-airport. I only designed it for myself to learn more about making sceneries.For the moment I'm improvising and testing very much, but maybe someday it's good enough to make a scenery that can be downloaded.

Arno & Thorsten,Thanks for the help. I'm on the road and away from my desktop computer and laptop GMAX won't work. I tried a clean GMAX install trying to get FS2002 MakeMDL functionality but never got it to work. Now it looks like the effects Thorsten has may work in FS2004 MakeMDL. My problem in that after reinstalling GMAX, the FS2004 Gamepack and FS2004 MakeMDL, GMAX claims MakeMDL is not in its path. I have it in the Gamepack Plugin directory yet it balks. Suggestions are much appreciated!

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Thanks for the upload. As soon as I get my GMAX installation running I will be trying this. Your help is invaluable.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Hi Mike,Have you just used the installer to install the Fs2004 gamepack? After that you should have a new shortcut that you can use to start GMax with this gamepack. No need to worry about the location of files etc, that is all done automatically.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Arno,Yes, after reinstalling GMAX, I installed the FS2004 Gamepack and then installed the FS2004 MakeMDL and I checked to make sure that the FSMODELEXP.DLE file is in the plugin directory. Life isn't supposed to be this complicated.Thanks

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Hi Mike,Are you sure that you start GMax with the Fs2004 shortcut? Else the gamepack is not loaded correct.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks, so much for the effect file. It is working very well.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

New wrinkle! The effect you made available to us works great on my desktop computer. When I copy scenery directory with files to my laptop and texture files also, no effects go with transfer. Is there a setting on the computers that needs to be adjusted to view effects? I am nearing the point of uploading the scenery to the library and by transferring from one computer to the other am proving (or not) the process for those that will download it. So far, I'm not batting well!

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Hi Thorston, can you tell me what effect file and texture you used to get the effect on your light poles? Jay

As it turns out, I had an errant exclude file floating around. Once I deleted that, all is well. Thanks!

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Guest horst18519

I can - but this won't help you... ;-) I created both of them especially for this project. But I will upload the hole airport at AVSIM within this year.Actually, it's pretty easy to create the fx. I used a bitmap similar to the halo.bmp and placed it on the ground with adjusted colors. I used a similar fx for the lightdots at the poles, only smaller and pointed to the user.You'll just have to experiment a little with the parameters in the fx-file.