Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

Flight Simulator sky color

Guest fmax

How can i change FS2002 sky color? There is any program to change FS sky color?

I am not sure if you can easily change the sky color. Maybe it is located in a texture file, like the clouds, but I am not sure about that.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest cwright

You may know this already, but you can change the sky colours by changing the date! FS has something like ten different sky colour sets and it chooses the set according to the date. Best regards, Chris

Guest cwright

Oooops, I didn't realsie the question was about FS2002. Of course, what I said was correct for FS2004.... Best regards, Chris

Guest Polak

>You may know this already, but you can change the sky colours>by changing the date! FS has something like ten different sky>colour sets and it chooses the set according to the date.I have the question regarding those sky_xxxx set textures. If you zoom them significantly you may notice on the upper row of pixels some colors. In fact it appears that the entire upper row signifies something including that last pixel. Any idea what they are for? Interesting to find the answer. Thanks guys. Here is the picture as I am doing something wrong trying to upload it to this site. http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4/TedPolak/sky_xxxx.jpg

Guest Polak

I would like to bump this subject if I may. There are as many as 9 sets of 14 different time sets in each folder. 9 I guess is corresponding to different seasons of the year. That is total of 126 different possibilities. It is quite many, however is there really difference noticeable? What are those single color pixels with that bright red as on the 1st example? It is intriguing, so forgive me this bump.