Sign in to follow this  
Taildragger

Library bridge problem

Guest artmartin

Hey all, here's a few very simple GMAX bridges you can play with. There's 4 bridge files inside the first zip and in the second zip is the .bmp file I'm using for texturing the road surface. It's just one I found somewhere and can't credit where it came from. You obviously can use any texture you wish. The sides and supports of the bridge are just textured with a grey color but could also be enhanced with a texture image. Enjoy.Arthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/119643.ziphttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/119645.zip

Thanks Art, nice job.You're right -- the non-uniform scaling seems to work well. There are lots of cautions about it in the Help file, which I don't comprehend. Think I need to get a little higher on the GMax learning curve before going further.Was curious about your comment on the lack of an index. Mine has a pretty good one with a search option in the gmax.chm file, that quickly got me to the scaling info.John

Guest artmartin

I think I get an error message when pressing the help button that says something to the effect of the .chm file not being installed even though I did what I thought was a full installation. Where do you get that help file?Art

It's in the GMaxHelpHelp folder in my installation -- just double-click it. Better yet, set the path in Customize - Configure Paths, and it will come up in the toolbar under Help - User Reference.John

Guest artmartin

Just went searching on the Turbosquid site and remembered why I don't have the help files. From my work I get blocked when trying to download that file from their site. Unfortunately, it's about 15 mb in size and at home that's over an hour download on my dialup connection. Is it on the FS2004 disk? I'll look there when I get home.Art

Art, the GMax files are on CD-1. I'm pretty sure that's where the help files came from, as I don't recall downloading anything that large from TurboSquid.Get a copy of Brian Collin's neat index of all the FS9 CD files. It's called fs9cddir.zip, available in the avsim library.John