Sign in to follow this  
Guest Firestriker

MakeMDL Mystery!

Sorry, I've never figured it out. Some would say leave sleeping dogs lay. My suspicions are that for some reason the program was looking for a resource on the other computer, although I've used GMAX on laptop on road since without knowingly changing directory settings. Good luck!

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Guest artmartin

Thanks for the fast reply Mike. My computer is on a home network so that might be a clue. Never know what the boys are doing on their workstations. My Cooledit recording software suddenly doesn't know how to do read .wav files so there may be something more sinister afoot as well.Actually our cases are a bit different. I completely started over on the building I was designing because I was having some trouble texturing the first one (of course the one that exported easily) so it's very likely I did some dumb thing on the most recent one. Bottom line though is that it always worries me when a program is so easy to break and gives you cryptic error messages that don't point immediately to the problem. Art Martin

Guest artmartin

Well, I got past the problem but it involved removing one of the cylindrical objects from my building and recreating it. I had experimented with a different method of texturing on that object and somehow got to a place where I couldn't undo what I'd done. I still don't quite understand it all. Bottom line now though is the building is done. I've even created lightmap textures for it and they're working well. On to the rest of the city.Art Martin