Sign in to follow this  
Ericson

Trees limit with Rwy12 & AG Tree Library ?

Hi,I've problem with RWY12 object placer and AG Tree Library. After "planting" around 60 trees ( compiled to 3 bgl's, around 20 trees in each file ) next placed trees are not showing in FS2004 up despite bgl's ( fourth and fifth ) has been added to scenery libraly :( .pls help regards Ericson

Hi,No, there should not really be a limit of the amount of trees you can place.Could it be that an exclude or some other addon scenery is interfering in the area you try to place your other trees?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Problem exist even with exludes removed. There is some other scenery , but it's small gmax made hill ( trees are planted around it ) so it shoudn't be a problem. If one tree interfering with other scenery then all other trees from the same bgl are also removed ? Ericson

Hi,No, it could also be that the other scenery is only removing the objects in a certain area. Not everything in the same BGL should be influenced.Can you add other objects to your BGL file (so from another object library)?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

>Can you add other objects to your BGL file (so from another>object library)?Yes, I placed 10 trees and 2 Ford Transits , and I made 1 bgl file. Only Transits showed up and there were no trees :-( ( see attach ) There is no problem with previous placed ~60 trees. Ericson

Very weird, can you maybe sent me your XML file so that I can test it here? From what you write I have no idea what could be going wrong.

Arno

Guest Robscho

I have the same problem - in the position where I planted the trees, I get a thin vertical stick and that is all - with RWY12Have rationalised byy ag_tree_lib.bgl's, replaced my blue-sphere tree_*.bmp textures with the default to no avail.Any more ideas

Hi,At a first look that files looks OK. So I will try to compile it later and see what happens on my PC.

Arno

I replaced the tree GUIDs with those from GianP's library and it's ok on my system, the only problem I have is that there are no textures on the Transits :( George

It took some time, but I finally found out what was going wrong :).The problem is that you placed the trees with a heading. They are designed to rotate to the user and because you placed them with heading 162 you where looking to the backside all the time. So for the moment you need to place them with heading 0.I will take a look at the library and see if I can code it slightly different, so the heading no longer matters.

Arno

Yes Yes Yes :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy ! Your solution works , I can see all trees now. Thanks for help Arno :-waveregardsEricson