Sign in to follow this  
Guest bahri

Fs2k4 Default objects

Guest bahri

Hi all!I searched the library and elswhere but I can't seem to be able to find a complete list (I mean all known) of names + GUIDs + Pictures of the default objects present in FS2k4, I only found partial lists , I understand the number of known objects is about 240 now.Can someone guide me?Thanks allRegardsbahri

Hi Bahri,Yes, the number of 240 sounds quite common to me. I think that is about the amount of objects that are known to work at the moment. There are some other objects that are locked for certain geographical areas.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest bahri

Hi!Arno, may I ask where can I find a good resource with pictures of the objects?Thanks

Hi Bahri,I only know the downloads available here in the file library, but I guess that are the ones you have already found.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Maybe I don't understand your question correctly, but doesn't the FS2004 BGL_Comp SDK come with a LibraryObjects.xls file with that information? Of course there are no images, but the GUIDs and names are there.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>Maybe I don't understand your question correctly, but doesn't>the FS2004 BGL_Comp SDK come with a LibraryObjects.xls file>with that information? Of course there are no images, but the>GUIDs and names are there.Have you ever tried that list? I guess about half of the objects listed there does not work. It is just a collection of every library object that FS has ever used since Fs98 or so :).

Arno

Guest bahri

Hi!I am after the pictures realy.I'm coding a small addon for your Object placer that monitors Object placer and shows a small picture of the object selected in a separete small window.That is why I require the pictures.Thanks akk

Hi,Programs like SBuilder and Rwy12 come with a nice collection of pictures. Maybe you can use these if you ask the authors.For SBuilder I think they came from another package available, but I can't remember which one.I have received request often to show pictures as well in ObPlacer XML. I am now working on an updated version and I have change the interface a bit. This gives me some space to show the picture as well, so maybe the next version will support this features right away.

Arno

Encouraged by this post, I gave it a try to code the preview picture in ObPlacer XML and it proved to be very easy. Here is a preview picture:http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/pics...cer_preview.jpgWhen you select an object, ObPlacer XML will look in a pics folder to see if a JPG or BMP file with the GUID as name is found. If it is, it will be displayed in the picturebox. If not an empty box is shown.At the moment I loaded the picture pack that comes with SBuilder, but I have to think about the distribution (I probably need to ask Luis first where he got his pictures from :)).

Arno

Guest bahri

Hi!Thanks for your work arno, will wait for next version.bahri

Guest luissa

>At the moment I loaded the picture pack that comes with>SBuilder, but I have to think about the distribution (I>probably need to ask Luis first where he got his pictures fromHi Arno,I got the pictures from Frank. I just check my email archives but could not find the email that I certainly received from Frank. The history is here:http://www.ptsim.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=163Regards, Luis

Hi Luis,Thanks. Yes, I remember reading that thread on your forum before. I have sent Frank an email via your forum to ask if it is OK for him if I use them as well.

Arno

Guest artmartin

I don't remember where I got it but it was an Excel spreadsheet with included .jpg pictures of all the known objects it contained. It was labeled VIO or V10 and I'm sure I found it in some flightsim library. I haven't documented it yet in my own Autogen Creation program since I don't know if I have permission from the author of that to use those pictures but I have it setup in the screen where you create a custom GUI class. As you select the available objects, the picture comes up to the right of the listbox. All that needs be done to get this functionality is to create a particularly named subdirectory off of the program directory with those .jpg's in it. After looking at the reference from Luis, it appears the pictures look the same as the .bmps in that .zip file.Art Martin

Guest bahri

Hi all!The link from the above mentioned forum ( http://www.ptsim.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=163 } is one of the more complete list, it's not a list realy but 220 bmps named as the GUID of the object so there is no name reference but it's what I was after.Thanks allbahri