Sign in to follow this  
regalado1234

Want to make own Approach Light System

Hi Everyone:I wanted to make my own Approach light system, becose my local airport does no use any of the default FS Light SistemsI have allready done the lightpole in GMAX but I wanted to make now the light itself (to light at night or dusk).So for that I asked for your help, so what are the steps now? what do I have to do now?After doing the pole I wanted to create the library for RWY 12 Objet Placer, is it possible?Thanks for yours anwersHelio Alberto Regalado Moreira

Hi,>I have allready done the lightpole in GMAX but I wanted to>make now the light itself (to light at night or dusk).>So for that I asked for your help, so what are the steps now?>what do I have to do now?You can use effects for your light or you could try it with the build in light commands of GMax (LIGHT_NAV, LIGHT_LAND, etc). But unfortunately these do not work perfect with the Fs2004 MakeMDL, so then you will have to tweak the ASM code a bit afterwards. There is a thread in this forum discussing those problems.>After doing the pole I wanted to create the library for RWY 12>Objet Placer, is it possible?That is very well possible. You just need to make a library BGL and a XML file for Rwy12 that defines the library. My Library Creator XML tool gives you a GUI to do both these tasks :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno, Thanks for your replyI've tryed to edit manualy the code and It worked 90% as expected, to have it complete I wanted to know if is possible to make that the Light_Nav used to get the light, only pass his light to one side and not to the other.I wanted to tell you that I have done the same in Nova but as the result I can see aproach light from both sides (and if system is in RW 01 I dont have to see the light from RW19).If there is a way to correct this (even if I have to touch some code) in GMAX or in Nova, I'll be very thanksfullSorry for my bad englishHelio Alberto Regalado Moreira