Sign in to follow this  
arno

FSSC is it FS2004 compatible

Guest dougbr2000

Hi allI was thinking of trying out FSSC as a scenery tool, but can't find any ref to it being compatible with FS2004, Can anyone give me details before I go and download it !!!!!!!!!!Best RegardsDouglas

I think it is possible to build scenery with FSSC that will display in FS9, but the methods used in FSSC can interact with the newer methods introduced for FS9 in ways that can be difficult to debug. Check out the "Beginner's Guuide" thread at the top of the forum for more insight.scott s..

Hi Douglas,As Scott already said, scenery made with FSSC will show fine in Fs2004, as FS is backwards compatible for older scenery BGL files. But the code used by FSSC is still at the level of Fs2000/Fs2002, so you can not make all features of Fs2004 with it.It will for example not allow you to make a proper AFD file, you will have to do that with the XML code (AFCAD2 for example).So in general I would advice a tool like AFCAD2 or SceneGenX more if you are working for Fs2004 only. But when you are aware of the limitations, you can still use FSSC for parts of your airport of course.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest dogrokket

Hi Guys,I'm just getting started designing scenery in FS2K and I want your opinion on Airport for Windows. I'm starting to get the hang of it, but I find some things like the fact that you can't align ground textures, cumbersome. For instance, Shez Ansari's LGA2004, which is a tremdous scenery, uses many different ground texture files at different degrees of alignment. What's the best app out there that is good for applying ground textures to aiport scenery?ThanksWJK

Hi,You hit a difficult point there. Most tools do not allow you to map the texture exactly. Neither AFW nor FSSC do this. The only tool I can remember that does this is GroundMaker (www.groundmaker.org), but unfortunately development of that tool has stopped.I think at the moment many designers use GMax to place exactly mapped ground polygons. If you tweak the output a little bit, you can get ground polygons similar to tools as AFW.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog