Sign in to follow this  
Guest artmartin

Photo Scenery tools HELP

Guest Richard Hill

I had to uninstall TerraBuilder Lite some time back. Now I can no longer install it. With little to no help from the developer, I need a program simular, Is there any Freeware or US Payware programs one cane use to develope photoquality scenery, My entire state of 2ft per pixel resolution is now available for download. I have resized to approxamently 4.75 M per pixel and pasted photos to cover LOD areas but now can not produce my files. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Richard L Hill

"With little to no help from the developer..."Richard, that is not fair. I cannot be responsible for a problem that occured on your and your machine only. I have never had anyone reporting a problem with installation and/or un-installation. A corrupted Registry occurs from time to time on Windows systems, and there is no way you can blame this on my software.I responded to every correspondence from you that reached me, as I do for every user, on e-mail or in Avsim's TerraBuilder forum. I provided all the info you asked for, and when that didn't help, you left it at "Thanks for the trouble". Why flame me now?Sincerely,Misho Katulic, developerTerraBuilder

P3D SpacePort Team

Guest Richard Hill

Misho;You may be right, that I was unfair! It just seems strange, that no one else has had this problem.have ran regedit several times with no TerraBuilder Lite regestery hits. I also had asked for more information as to how I could send a money order to make a purchase of TerraBuilder Pro, with no response. If you would provide me with the needed information, I would gladly send a payment for TerraBuilder Pro. Richard L Hillrichardlhll@wmconnect.com

I'll tell you what - I'll give you registration for free. I don't think, however, that it will fix your problem - there is no difference in how LITE and PRO get installed.I'm sending the registration to this address:richardlhll@wmconnect.comMisho

P3D SpacePort Team

Guest artmartin

In your defense Misho, trying to support any application long distance can be a nightmare. There is simply no way you can anticipate every possible workstation setup. Then comes the communication problem trying to understand exactly the problem the user is trying to describe. There are simply unique situations with program installs that a developer cannot troubleshoot unless they're standing behind the user watching every move they make. I would encourage people not to make blanket statements like that. Most developers of flight sim utilities are providing their time and energy to distributing their applications for free and out of a sense of sharing. Here's a rule of thumb for users if you are having unique problems on a piece of public software that you see nobody else complaining about: The problem is on your end. Computer programs are just dumb code and they're extremely predictable. They don't say "I'm on Joe's computer. Therefore I should make his life miserable." Code reacts exactly the same everytime it's run to identical conditions. If the program is deviating from what one normally expects, 99 times out of 100, it points to something external. Art Martin

Guest Richard Hill

Misho;I thank you more than I can say. I also wish to apologize for some of the things I said. I guess with my old age and deterioating health, my patence is not what it use to be. Not everyone would take that kind of abuse, and then offer to send me free registration. I did get Terrabuilder to install with no problem Go Figure! One Last question.Do I install the described SDK's even though I an using FS2004, and FS2004 SDK is available?

Guest Richard Hill

Art;Please read above! My old age and health are getting the better of me.If things don't work any more I get disgusted fast. I realise that if it were not for Developers like Misho Katulic we would be nowhere close to having the capability to produce scenery that we are capable of today!Richard L Hill

No problem, Richard, you are very welcome.I am as puzzled as to why the PRO version works as you are. It could have been that your original LITE archive might have been corrupted?The SDKs need to be used as specified in the Flash tutorial. I know it seems weird, but the earlier version of resample.exe works better. I have checked this a while ago and it is still the case. Other users of TerraBuilder agree with me - the earlier version of resample is the one to use, and that's the one found in FS2000 Terrain SDK.Misho

P3D SpacePort Team

Thanks Art!Yes, it can be extremely frustrating sometimes, when a user complains about something that you've never heard of before... and in most cases, it always ends with "oops, sorry, I found out what was wrong on my end... " :)

P3D SpacePort Team

Guest artmartin

Richard, no problem. My post was directed to more than just you. People forget the power they can wield with a few misspoken words on a heavily read forum such as this one or in complaint emails to the forum administrators. Even though their posts may be well-intentioned and without intended malice, often those posts can cause embarrassment and frustration to the developers. Good luck with your efforts and I applaud your retractions.Art Martin