Sign in to follow this  

Anyone use the WORLD AI1.0 ZIP for AI Traffic yet??

Guest HeavyFan

Hey all I just downlaode the WORLD AI 1.0 Traffic Zip for AI Traffic! And it has alot of Airlines and flight plans! I was just wondering if anyone has used this file for thier AI Traffic yet?? How does the traffic look after installing these flight plans! I will only Install the areas of flight plans where i fly to! But would like more feedback on this great looking file!?? I would appreciate feedback about this file and how it looks in FS2002! It sure looks alot easier to install these plans and put the correct airline and planes to them, as i have been doing the default AI traffic file to make the correct plane to the right areas etc...and it is taking me forevers as my eyes come sore from Squinting at all those plans for hours!! Oh well post up info on this thanks MIKE -:) -:)

It's good amout of work to find, install, and rename all the aircraft in worldai10a.zip. The task of deciphering the airlines and aircraft type is rather daunting (for someone not familiar with ICAO codes). I already had a worldwide ai package installed when I downloaded it, so I've only been installing it on an aircraft by aircraft basis. It has added a lot of life to my skies and airports.One thing I didn't like about it is every flightplan has the ATC ID as N1234.

Guest HeavyFan

Hey thank's for the Reply! Yeah thats what i was going to do also, Is install only the plans that have repainted aircraft for! And ones that ATC Knows in FS2002! SO it should have more livlier skies when I install certain plans for certain airports i hope! MIKE-:)

This post peaked my interest in this download. A couple of questions.1. Do you install aircraft for each of the listed airplanes (up to 1065 of them). And what must their Folder name be.2. Then do you rename these in the aircraft.cfg file to match the list name. An again, must the folder name be the same.3. What happens to all the aircraft listings that you do not load aircraft for, or call for with duplicate names. Does the flight plan section just skip those items if called for, or must they be deleted. Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

1) you can install as many or as few as you like. Folder name does not matter whatsoever. The AI finds aircraft by "title=xxx" in the aircraft.cfg.2)I rename the aircraft in the Ttools aircraft.txt, not the aircraft.cfg, but you can do either. When I'm testing an aircraft to see if it's AI compatable, I rename that aircraft in it's .cfg to that of a common AI aircraft, like the Baron 58. Again, folder names do not matter.3)Every flightplan must have the aircraft in the aircraft.txt and airports in the airport.txt. Having unused airports is okay. I assume having unused aircraft is okay as well, but I've never tested that theory. When you run the compiler, it will tell you about any errors it runs across.If you don't have the aircraft in your FS2002/aircraft/ folder, you won't have any problems. Those flightplans won't be used until you install the aircraft.

Psychophant1 Thanks a million....Saves alot of hassle. I'm new to TT but it looks very intersting and real neat. Actually it looks like a bit of fun to play around with.Regards...Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

No prob. I'm pretty new, too, and I'm glad to share my mistakes to save others some time. :) I'm having a lot of fun with it. Finding the airplanes and liveries is kind of like an easter egg hunt.