Sign in to follow this  
Guest DRamsey

Strange FS9 CTD while loading scenery

Guest DRamsey

Yesterday evening I started up FS9 for this first in many weeks, and it immediately crashed while loading "TERRAIN". I then spent more than an hour trying to figure out the problem, doing the usual things e.g. checking that the v9.1 modules hadn't been replaced by older versions, recreating FS9.cfg from scratch, and checking the integrity of the scenery.cfg. Then I suddenly got the idea to neutralize the Texture_ID=1 value in the Area.001 of the scenery.cfg like this: [Area.001] ;Texture_ID=1 Title=Default Terrain Active=TRUE Layer=1 Local=SceneryWorld Required=TRUE I then executed FS9 and of course when it arrived at this entry the following message appeared: "Scenery read error. Attempting to open a nonexistent directory:. Click ok to continue" I clicked to continue and FS9 opened without further problems. My question is why? What has happened to my setup which makes it necessary to remove the value "Texture_ID=1" which is normally default? Adding the value again to Area.001 caused FS9 to crash once more. Has anyone any ideas, please, that might be able to help solve this enigma?Kind regards, Davidnr. Aarhus, Denmark

Guest Horst

Hello David,I think you are missing some textures in the world folder.FS crashes, when he can not find a texture or the wrong format.Copy them back from the CDs.RegardsHorst

Guest DRamsey

Thanks HorstYou are of course right, however, I have since discovered that it was additional third party textures in the worldtexture folder that are causing the crash. I've reinstalled the default plus Lennart Arvidssons textures and everything works fine again. Nevertheless I have saved the remaining textures in another folder and will attempt to try them out, a few at a time, to identify the culprit in question.Anyway, thanks for your quick response. It's bound also to help others in the long run. That's the great advantage of these forums.Best regards, David