Sign in to follow this  
brynjames

blurry ti 4400

HI can someone please help me? msf2002 looks very blurry. my system:amd xp 2000+msi geforce 4 ti4400 27.50 driver512 mb ddr 333windows xpin fs2002 everything to the max and i did nothing with the videocard drivers.please help?

Have you tweaked the FS2002.cfg file?Also, use RivaTuner to select anisotropic level 4 and LOD BIAS to -0.5.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Try turning off mip mapping. Also, you may want to try newer drivers for your ti4400. I'm using the latest beta drivers from www.guru3d.com. Good resource.Hope this helps,Good luckPete

no i didnt tweak th fs2002.cfg file is there a site where i can read about tweaking fs2002cfg?Iam going to give rivatuner a try.

Guest PaulL01

All of the tweaks neccasary to clean-up the display have been posted a hundred times, Just search by the topic "blurries" or "blurry" and do some reading.I myself am tired of posting this info over and over again.Not your fault of course. :-)Take Care.Paul

thank you very much I read your post about tweaking fs2k cfg and that made the difference.no blurries

Hummm Paul, not all of us have the time or have been here as long as you obviously have been. I just did a search and have not found the tweak posts as of yet. What's wrong with asking the question? This is a discussion forum? If you don't want to answer the question, just move on to another thread??Anyway, I'd still be interested in the tweak info if someone isn't "Sick and tired" to post it again. ;-)

Guest Max Cowgill

>Hummm Paul, not all of us have the time or have been here as >long as you obviously have been. I just did a search and >have not found the tweak posts as of yet. What's wrong with >asking the question? This is a discussion forum? If you >don't want to answer the question, just move on to another >thread?? >>Anyway, I'd still be interested in the tweak info if someone >isn't "Sick and tired" to post it again. ;-) ::(: This is a problem you will encounter on EVERY forum. There's something of a love-hate relationship between "oldbies" (like myself and Elrond, to name a few (Paul, not sure how long you've been here...)). Us oldbies do get tired of reading the same old posts over and over and over again, but thankfully this forum doesn't suffer from newbie-hate syndrome nearly as bad as some of the other forums out there. To give an example: I often frequent a car forum that is of a technical nature and the response to virtually any post is "use the search button you *!@##$ newbie!". Here at avsim, however, it is extremely rare for anyone to even mention using the search function, let alone be offensive about it. I think this has a lot to do with the maturity level of most members of this forum (aside from the few "bad apples" common to every group). Anyway, I personally don't have any problems with answering a question that's been answered time and again, nor do most of the other oldbies/techno geeks that frequent this forum. Everyone has their breaking point though, and if a question has been discussed to death it can grate on one's nerves. It would be nice if more people used the search function to find the answers to their questions, especially when the topic has been answered numerous times in the past. I realize that many newbies and those who are less technically-adept don't know if a topic has already been discussed or not, but that's what the search function is there for ;)Perhaps one of the forum moderators could bring bring up some of the threads that deal with the most frequently-asked questions and make them "sticky" so they're always there for newbies to read, and even us oldbies to reference from time to time. I'm sure this would alleviate some of the frustration for us oldbies, and help out the newbies at the same time.just my two cents,Max Cowgill

Thanks for the reply. It gets a bit frustrating to read most of the replies even when searching the archives as it seems everyone here is A+ Certified and I have no idea what the hell they are talking about most of the time. It's amazing that a 50 - 70 dollar game requires this much computer knowledge just to make it work properly. ;-)

Guest PaulL01

>Hummm Paul, not all of us have the time or have been here as >long as you obviously have been.Gee, Then I must have all of the time?>I just did a search and >have not found the tweak posts as of yet. Maybe you should try again. :) I just did a search and came up with no less than thirty replies on the subject that I have personally made in just the last few months.What's wrong with >asking the question? Nothing, I never complained to Kimo about asking the question, I complained that I am personally tired of answering it. Is that OK with you? Not that I really care. :-lolI guess the better question is: Is there something wrong with searching?You will come up with many more replies instantly, compared to waiting minutes or even hours for someone to respond to your post.This is a discussion forum? If you >Don

Well anyway after searching I'm still confused... How exactly do you edit a Config file? Do I open it in notepad? The link posted above with the info in the config file to change was confusing. I'm not sure what to change, was it the top portion that should be changed to the bottom specs??? or vise-versa?Still confused and can't even fly FS2002 now because the blurries have gotten so bad that I can only see the airport within 10 miles now with everything else looking like a snowy TV picture??Thanks and sorry to ask again Paul ;-)

http://www.fsgateway.com/tips_read.asp?id=395And yes use notepad to edit, I hope you kept a backup of the original? ;-)I would also download Nvmax and turn your LOD down (1.5 is a good reference point), that helps considerably, a higher Antristopy setting helps as well (crank up your TAP settings in Nvmax).Make sure your card drivers are current.This should get you going.Feel free to post in the FSVC help area, folks are a little more patient. ;-)http://fsgateway.com/images/frank.jpgwww.FSGateway.com