Sign in to follow this  
brynjames

blurry ti 4400

Thank you Frank. As you can tell I'm really new to gaming. I can put up a web site no problem, but all this computer talk just to get a game to work is frusturating (at least i'm learning though) ;-)Not sure what LOD or Antristopy is/means and I'm not sure what Nvmax is but I'll do a search for them.Thanks for the link as well, I'm going out after work and also buying some more ram (bumping my comp from 256 to 512). Hopefully this will help as well.Thanks again, I really appreciate your time.

Guest PaulL01

>http://www.fsgateway.com/tips_read.asp?id=395 >And yes use notepad to edit, I hope you kept a backup of the >original? ;-) >I would also download Nvmax and turn your LOD down (1.5 is a >good reference point), that helps considerably, a higher >Antristopy setting helps as well (crank up your TAP settings >in Nvmax).Hi Frank, I Hate to tell you, but the info in that "tip" is almost pure BS.That site recommends:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=14.110000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=60.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=40.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4The problem is the second to laste two lines:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=60.000000 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=40.000000Values used here above 9.900000 are useless. as tested and shown here:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID8There is a lot of bogus information that has been posted there, its a shame as there is also a ton of useful tips as well. :(Paul

jerrycwo4 I'm like a lot of you guys. I spent a ton of money trying for a really great picture (on Fs2002) , but still have the 'blurries'. I also know I seen at LEAST a dozen "fixes" posted here and it gets a little tiring having to go through all of this again for those of you who have already fixed your systems. A lot of people have posted their ideas, but recently only PaulL01 has put up PROOF with the most beautiful screenshot of Chicago I've ever seen. At present he is helping me attain a GREAT picture like his. I really thank him for going thru this again and helping me in this problem. Thanks Paul.jerry

Well Paul if it's bogus why don't you give us your opinion on what the values should be adjusted to? For someone who is sick of this subject you sure are putting in a lot of time replying to it (but somehow not being any help).Seems like you should get off your hi-horse buddy.

Hi,Several other posters, I feel, have been a bit hard on Paul. He has invested a great deal of time and effort over the past few months getting to grips with the 'blurry' issue. Furthermore, his posts have often been very detailed and helpful and I am sure most will agree the content has, without question, provided the definitive explanation and guidance for those keen to resolve this issue as far as is currently possible. Moreover, the threads to which he has contributed frequently have input from many others with worthwhile and interesting views on the subject.Quite honestly, the advice to use the search facility is the best since the info is already there waiting to be read:1. Click on the 'Search' button2. Under 'Keyword(s)' type 'PaulL01' .....(That's a zero and don't type the quotation marks)3. Under 'Search which conference or forums?' select the default 'MS Flight Sim General Discussion Forum'4. Under 'Search which field(s)?' type select 'Author'5. Under 'Search how many days in the past? select '3 months'6. I don't believe that it will be necessary to search the archives as well on this issue. That will become necessary several further months down the line.You will be presented with the first page of results. The info you are looking for is, I believe, on earlier pages.Hope that helps you find what you need to know.Good luck!Mike :-wave

>You will be presented with the first page of results. The >info you are looking for is, I believe, on earlier pages. I hope you are right Max - the search turns up 143 threads, with an average of say 10 contributions per thread, giving around 1500 messages to read. Phew, how do I sort out the gems from the dross ? :)Here is a constructive suggestion: can the first person who finds the answer put it on the FSVC Tips and Tricks pages (link on top of this page), then others who come looking for it can simply be redirected to the Tips and Tricks list.