Sign in to follow this  
arno

Best way/program for entire airport taxi system...

Hey all...I am completely redoing my home airport, & after lots of trial & error, I have the runways, VOR, ILS, & some other minor systems in. However, I left the default taxiways for now (for me to fly with atm), and I curious what would be the best & maybe the easiest for a beginner, program to start from scratch & get the taxiway system in without having to wait until I am 50yrs older.I expect the tediousness, but not as bad as I currently have it, and I really want to get those default taxiways out of there now.Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Larry,Which tools did you use until now to make the airport? And which version of FS are you working with? We need to know this to give you the best advice :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks for the reply. I found AFCAD 2.11 ( I think it is) to be the best for me, but I used SceneGenX for the runways & minor building, such as windsocks, VASI/PAPI such.It is for FS9, and... I think I am good to go with AFCAD.Thanks

With both SGX and AFCAD2 you should be able to create new taxiways. First you need to draw the points and then you can connect them with the type of taxiway you want. For each segment you can set properties like markings and lighting.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog