Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hugo

AFCAD and Airport ID

FS9 has a stock airfield Hatfield (EGTH). This airfield is now closed and its ID has been transfered to Old Warden.I used AFCAD to change Hatfield to be EG00, set the runway to closed and saved the change as AF_EG00.bgl in ...Addon SceneryScenery. To be fair, AFCAD warned me that this would create two airfields!I created Old Warden to be EGTH as AF_EG01.bgl and saved that in ...Addon SceneryScenery.However, when I try to create a flight plan Hatfield still appears in the list as EGTH and Old Warden doesn't appear at all. When I go to map mode Hatfield appears twice as EG00 and EGTH and Old Warden also appears as EGTH.Is there anyway round this or is it a built-in limitation?

Hi,This is an interesting problem and it seems that it is not possible. Even when all Delete commands are set for the new EGTH, it does not remove the old airport. So I think this is a limitation of FS.I do wonder what happens if you try to move an airport (for example if the default one is not located correctly), do you then also get the same problems with the map view?The only alternative to get it really working, is to change the entry for EGTH in the default BGL file. Once the airport is renamed there, your problem should be solved. But in general tweaking default files is not really recommended.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks, I thought it might not be possible. I'll continue fiddling and report back if I have any successI'm very reluctant to change default .bgl files. I only use applications like AFCAD and FstFlatten that generate separate .bgl files for that very reason.

Guest Hugo

'I'm very reluctant to change default .bgl files.'That's understandable. But if you keep a copy of the original bgl and then try the mod as proposed by Arno. If things dosen't work the way you wish you could always copy the original bgl file back and return to business as usual. Makes sense? Just a thought.Hugo

I've had no luck so I guess apart from editing the default .bgl there's no way round it.I guess MS uses the ID as the key and gives priority to the .bgls in Addon Scenery/Scenery over the stock ones when loading when they have the same IDs. Creating a new AFCAD file with a different ID loads both airfields because FS thinks they are different.