Sign in to follow this  
arno

Editing Autogen.

Guest jdrummer

Hi guys.Ive been working on Woodvale AB (EGOW-UK) in AFCAD.Ive now completed eveything i can in use with that program, Ive now come to a halt.I have no idea how to erase the Autogen scenrey in the area of the airfield, and add macros/objects, using the AFCAD BGL, is there a converter from AFCAD - SceneGen X? or something of the sort, because otherwise that means my AFCAD BGL is pretty much useless..Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Assuming you are talking about FS9, to remove the default objects, you will need to create an exclude bgl. You could try excbuilderv2.zip here at Avsim or you can decompile your afcad bgl and add the excludes manually.To add new objects you could try Rwy12. Search for rwy12_v1.1p.zip here at Avsim.George

Guest jdrummer

Thank you, FS 9 yeh.How would i decompile the afcad bgl? i have the code to be insterted.Thank you.

You need Antonini's BGLXML, bglx120.zip here in the Avsim library. I have version 1.5 but I don't know where I got it :-hmmm George

Guest jdrummer

Thanks, Im sorry about this lol. I dont know where togo now, i have the xml file, what do i now do with it? Back to BGL?Thanks again.

Guest bjornhall

Hello jdrummer,If I understand your question correctly: You should be able to just import the .bgl you generated in AFCAD into SceneGenX, using SGX's import feature.I had the exact same problem; generated a new airfield in AFCAD2, realized I wanted to add terminal and 'stuff', thought I would have to start over from scratch but was delighted to find I could just import the .bgl I made in AFCAD into SceneGenX and keep on working!Best, - Bj

Hi,To exclude the default autogen, you can also add a VTP grass polygon. This is how MS removes the autogen aroud their default airports. With a tool like SBuilder or Ground2k4 you can make these polygons.As already suggested you should be able to import the XML file in SGX, but I prefer to use an object placer like Rwy12 or ObPlacer XML together with AFCAD2. I prefer this approach, as I find AFCAD much easier to use then SGX (and placing objects with SGX is not very easy imho as well).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog