Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

windsock excludes

Hi all,I'm having trouble with excluding windsocks from default airfields. All other default objects disappear when I code the XML exclusion rectangle but the windsocks remain ;-(I checked the corresponding default object file and my rectangle definitely excludes the windsock location, or so I think. Here's an example:1. The original code for two windsocks 2. My XML exclude codeLike I said, everything else works just fine. I also tried adding excludeAllObjects = "TRUE" but that didn't help either.Any ideas what I might be missing?Cheers, Holger

Hi Del,thanks for getting back to me on that!Unfortunately, those parameter settings ain't working either, at least not for me. Can't believe how stubborn those poles area - does anyone have a spare chainsaw? :-8 Cheers, Holger

Guest Horst

Hello Holger,I think, first lat Min/Max and then long Min/Max.<?xml version="1.0"?>Sorry, I could not try on my machine currently.RegardsHorst

Hello Holger,Annoying, isn't it? This worked for me:<?xml version="1.0"?>Perhaps you are trying to put the exclude in the same bgl as the windsock objects? This may be the problem.This element is used to create an exclusion region for scenery. Exclusion rectangles are used to remove scenery objects from the specified region. Flags can be used to exclude a subset of objects in the specified region. This element is not allowed to contain other data and must be terminated with

Howdy,Besten Dank, Horst, but the SDK states NW coordinate pair first, then SE coordinate pair.Full points go to Luis!!! I had put several excludes into the same XML, and only the first one (for the buildings) was read. Thus, I consolidated all of the smaller excludes into a single rectangle and selected the parameters as follows (didn't want to set excludeAllObjects = "TRUE" because I've heard that it would also remove autogen and/or effects: BTW, it IS possible to place the excludes for several different airfields into one XML file but it's probably better not to (to make it easier to remove specific excludes).Thanks again, everyone, for the help!Cheers, Holger

Guest Horst

Hello Luis Feliz,I think you can have more then one exclude rectangular in one bgl.But the element (exclude) can not be mixed with other elements in one bgl.(Seems logical for me).And we have to take care not to exclude

Guest Horst

Hello Holger,In addition to Luis Feliz quote from the SDK:Quote from the SDK:

Howdy,OK, extra points for Horst ;-)Thanks for correcting my mistake regarding the order of the coordinates (doesn't make any difference, it seems, but I was wrong nevertheless). More importantly, you're correct about the number of excludes per area: when I re-wrote my original set of exclude rectangles to all use the same parameter settings the windsocks disappeared as ordered. Thus, anyone with the need for more "surgical precision" can indeed combine multiple smaller rectangles in one XML file.Cheers, Holger

Guest Horst

Holger,Is there a "point sytem" in this forum? :)RegardsHorst

So many posts over such a small thing. Isn't this great?Many thanks, Horst, for the correction. I had not been able to get that to work, but shall take another look.Here is the problem for you gentlemen:;MDSI_San_Isidro_default_objects_exclude.xml<?xml version="1.0"?>Is my mistake to have mixedexcludeTriggerObjectswithexcludeAllObjects?And what is the rule for this? Many thanks.Best regards.Luis

Hi Luis,the multiple-excludes approach worked for me when I used the same set of parameters for each rectangle. Thus, you could try either using both excludeAllObjects = "TRUE" and excludeTriggerObjects = "TRUE"for each rectangle or, if that's undesirable, drop the AllObjects and be more specific with the other excludes instead (see below). The other possibility is that one may have to include all parameter calls, which is what I did. In my case, the parameter set was like this (again, identical for each rectangle): excludeAllObjects = "FALSE" excludeBeaconObjects = "FALSE" excludeEffectObjects = "FALSE" excludeGenericBuildingObjects = "TRUE" excludeLibraryObjects = "TRUE" excludeTaxiwaySignObjects = "TRUE" excludeTriggerObjects = "FALSE" excludeWindsockObjects = "TRUE"/>Good luck!Cheers, Holger

Thank you, Holger. And it is nice to know that you are doing airports now - I am sure that they will turn out great!Best regards.Luis

Hi Luis,alas, no, I'm not doing airports ;-) Just "bulldozing" some places and adjusting the AFCAD files and surrounding landscape and then handing them over to more talented folks to do their magic. :-smile12 Cheers, Holger

Guest bushpilots-chief

what a pity! I hoped, Holger goes to the airport builder. :-hah