Sign in to follow this  
Guest _HDD_Android

background terrain texture

Guest _HDD_Android

Hi,I have built a small airstrip but the background scenery (the low quality roads, farms ect.) directly around it clashes with it. How do i make the area around the airfield just plain grass?Is it landclass?or is it vtp/lwm?Sorry if I sound completely stupid but I just cant make sense of the tutorials ive got. Any help would be much appreciated.

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Sounds like you want a small VTP polygon around the airstrip. Landclass would also work, but since the minimum resolution of landclass is roughly 1Km squares, it's probably not ideal.HTH,Jim

Guest _HDD_Android

Thanx Jim,Are there any good tools for making one that i should know about?

Guest jimkeir

Hi,I'd suggest you have a look through the FAQ thread at the top of the forum. Ground2K4 and SBuilder come to mind, but I don't use either very often. I spend more time writing stuff than using it these days :)Cheers,Jim

Guest _HDD_Android

hehehe,Ive read that FAQ about 50 times now :)either its a bit vague or im a bit slow! lolI went with ground2k which led me to get lwmviewer! (sigh)The more I look into it.... The more complex it gets.Thanks for the help,Im off to read up on ground2k.droid

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Good choice in LWMViewer, I must say :D Sadly, it doesn't do poly creation and I have it on good authority from the author that I'm too busy to add it for a while, particularly when there are other programs out there that do it well already.I've got some people doing some testing on LWMViewer2 right now. I'll post an update here when it's ready for download - probably a few weeks yet. The main new feature is object placement, and the display's had a few tweaks here and there.Jim

Guest Dasher7

Wouldn't AFCAD be a good solution, using a grass apron?cheers,Dasher7

In general using AFCAD to place grass is not really a good choice. These XML polygons can better be used for the aprons, etc. The VTP polygons are a much better choice for grass and other elements around the airport. Just like MS did in the default scenery.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest _HDD_Android

OK,would that be a vtp1 or vtp2 polygon?Im using ground2k4 to put the grass in. After selecting "poly without shore", for some reason I can only select a vtp2 polygon which I think includes autogen. vtp1 is greyed out. Any Idea what Im doing wrong?