Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimkeir

Custom coastlines

Guest pippodero

Hi, to everybody (this is my first post :-))I'd like to modify (in part delete)custom coastlines made by a very talented italian scenery designer who has built the entire coastline for the whole Italy (AKA Itacoast2). I'm workin' now on the Palermo airport (place where I work as real ATCer) and I'd like to enhance the coast around the airport. I used many tools like coastmaker or defarea to do it, but the old custom coastline is still there, besides I don't want to switch the Itacoast2 off because I'd loose the other part I wanna keep. What can I try more?Peppe

Guest jimkeir

Hi,It depends on how the other scenery package is done. If it's split into small BGLs containing bits of coastline, you need to find the correct BGL and rename it (for example to .old) so that FS doesn't see it.If the other scenery is in a single file, there are two things you can do. You can override or exclude almost everything by creating your own scenery in the right way and making sure yours gets loaded after his. There's an option when you're creating new water or coastlines to have your bits either merge with or replace the existing data; how that's done will depend on the program you're using.What you can't get rid of are any flattened areas; if his shoreline is 10 Km further inland than yours, you will always have 10Km of flat ground there. The only way to get rid of these is to modify the scenery BGL itself. Search on this forum for references to "bglpatch" - it will look at two BGLs and cut a hole in one where data exists in the other, but only on square boundaries.HTH,Jim

hey pippo I dunno if your still around but I 2 am working on scenery of Palermo its my hub I love my island sicilia and its such a fun fly but ive also been experimenting with ways to make the itacoast2 work from what mazzokan is saying it should be just rewrite drag and drop and activate but I wonder if its got to do with admin perms or something since I had problems getting Pellegrino working I had to unzip the folder and then put it in could be a perms things but I could be wrong I wish there was a better tutorial with pics on where to place scenerys since I have many of the mesh scenerys of Italy slowly building up inbocalupo